BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Guest

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 171 - 180 of 1808 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...181

Forum » Thread

Re: The real story
I have to tell you, your pictures aren't doing you any favors. Sounds like you are going overboard with that "managing expectations" thing:-)

In Post-Trip Reports » A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
April 10, 7:19pm

Re: Drone hunting
Speaking of "some new kind of electronic weapon" I think I was one day too early: http://news.sky.com/story/1075647/laser-cannon-deployed-by-us-navy-for-tests Heavier than a 12 gaug...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Drones and phones
April 09, 6:24pm

yet another small seller of accessory gear
While searching for a source of the hard to find CamCleat CL266 line-loks I was directed by the CamCleat folks to an ebay seller that handles them and also a modest selection of other stuff. Price...

In GEAR » yet another small seller of accessory gear
April 09, 6:04am

Re: Drone hunting
> (Lessee, a .338 Lapua mag bolt rifle, Burris Eliminator III rangefinding scope... hmmm.) How about a Barret? Cheers Roger! Are you trolling to start up another flaming BPL firearms t...

April 08, 10:53am

Re: Drones
I can't wait for humans to become brilliantly post technological. Here's a reading suggestion Ken:

April 08, 2:59am

Re: My guide on packing light for an overnight winter backcountry hut trip
WHAT? BPL has become a literary society? Eleven replies concerned with style and hardly a hint about content? I'll start, not much to quibble about but ... no emergency shelter for the e...

In Gear Lists » My guide on packing light for an overnight winter backcountry hut trip
April 02, 3:12pm

Re: WTB: 30" Snow shoes with Televator
Stephen, you got a real bargain! I'm finding it hard to resist picking those up. I'm curious about the purchase though. I'm assuming this grew out of the experience you hinted at ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 30" Snow shoes with Televator
April 01, 4:45pm

Re: Wintery April in MN
I've been told that the far north has a lot of snow right now, potentially upwards of 50". Here's the best source of modeled snow depth I know about. Updated at least daily and mo...

In Gear Lists » Wintery April in MN
March 30, 3:16pm

Re: Wintery April in MN
Eli, Do you have at least a moderate amount of experience with your footwear on snowshoes during warmish days and nights below freezing? I'm not on the minimalist footwear bandwagon but d...

In Gear Lists » Wintery April in MN
March 30, 12:32pm

Re: Cash out your dividend
You can cash out your dividend in July. WHAT? Wait until July to get new gear? YOU are to BPL what the Grinch is to Christmas! he-he

In GEAR » Most important gear item
March 28, 9:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am