BPL Community Profile

Ike Mouser (isaac.mouser) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ike Mouser hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ike Mouser has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Mouser

Showing 171 - 180 of 1099 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...110

Forum » Thread

new tech
ACtually i may be able to ditch my filter all together if I can obtain this material: http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/activated_carbon_fiber_cloth Right now i use a prefilter made out of ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to get NANO activated carbon?
February 25, 11:30am

why
the carbon filter is for removing the chems, colors,tastes, pesticides, etc.

February 25, 5:43am

soley
i have always used chemical treatments before filtering.

February 25, 5:40am

micron filter material
I ordered the BULK 1 micron stuff, not the bags. It was like a huge sheet folded up. Im ordering the 1/2 micron next, and switching to the powder to improve my filter.

In GEAR » New filter invention
February 24, 8:11pm

Filter
If your talking soley about the 1 micron filter material, a user named dudadiesel sells them on eBay. The flow is phenomenal, practically no restriction. In a thread in myog recently I posted 2 v...

February 24, 6:53pm

Ben
I made a 1 micron prefilter. I scoop water, hold the filter under it, align it over my dirty platy and the water runs through it into the platy. Works great but its not tiny like you want. You co...

February 24, 3:19pm

UV
doesnt do anything for taste/color. Large particulates also can impede its effectiveness.

February 24, 1:26pm

ben
why not use a steripen with an activated carbon filter and 1 to 1/2 micron prefilter. that outta take care of what you want. The prefilter will make using the UV more effective, the uv kills, the...

February 24, 1:12pm

New filter invention
http://news.stanford.edu/pr/2010/pr-nano-pure-water-083110.html The scientists on BPL need to get to work on a prototype for us. =P

February 24, 12:09pm

troy
if your talking about weight, i have about 1.9oz of carbon in my filter and thats alot. I dont consider it heavy. i imagine the same space taken up by powdered AC would probably be 3oz or so, and...

February 24, 10:54am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Mouser

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Eddie Bauer Downlight Medium Black
Mine weighs about 10oz. 2 oz more than my thermawrap, but may allow me to ditch the no-sniveller underquilt for a lighter alternative since i will need less insulation at night from this warmer jacke...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
September 13, 9:41am

Warbonnet BlackBird
The WBBB is the best piece of gear i own, hands down, i own the DBL layer 1.1, replaced the suspension webbing + tri rings with 16 feet of amsteel blue 7/64 whoppie slings on each side, give me 7 feet...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
September 14, 11:18am