BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 171 - 180 of 321 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...33

Forum » Thread

Re: Getting in shape for a thrukike
what others said: if you hike regularly, that's probably all the training you need. I started with 20+ mile days with no previous training other than my regular, almost weekly hikes. YMMV but n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting in shape for a thruhike
October 09, 4:13pm

Re: Marmot Hydrogen 30 - Sizing
I'm 5'7" and 142 lbs and the regular Hydrogen fits me fine with room to spare. The shoulder girth is generous enough for something like a Thermawrap and I actually find it a good compr...

In GEAR » Marmot Hydrogen 30 - Sizing
October 09, 3:51pm

UV
I read somewhere that you can use UV radiation from the sun to purify water. Just let it lay in a clear glass or plastic container for a few hours, I can't remember how many. Surely not practic...

In GEAR » The importance of water purification gear
September 29, 4:19pm

ProShow Gold
I use ProShow Gold. It's the only one I know so I can't compare with others but I think it does exactly what you're asking for and it's very easy to use. http://www.photodex.com/...

In Post-Trip Reports » Best S/W to make slide show with music?
September 28, 2:03pm

Re: Re: Above Treeline
> there is a much more abrupt switch from the trees to the meadows, with the meadows covering a huge area. hey Ross, I remember that very comment from you. We met at refuge de la Leisse on...

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
September 24, 5:14pm

Re: Fleece still rules, sometimes
no insulation that relies on lofting has the structural integrity of fleece. It collapses under weight and can't breathe. A high loft insulation sandwiched between a pack and a perspiring body ...

In GEAR » Perfect Fleece???
September 19, 5:58pm

Fleece still rules, sometimes
I don't like high loft synthetic insulation while active (down is even worse). It doesn't breathe well, the face fabric feels clammy, it holds a lot of humidity inside and the insulation su...

In GEAR » Perfect Fleece???
September 18, 6:46pm

Re: Gear List
If it's still in the catalogue, the TNF Triumph (the available pocket is below chest level though). Just slightly heavier but probably a bit less unbreathable, the Haglofs Oz pullover

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alaska Mountain WIlderness Classic
August 07, 3:53am

Re: Rain pants vs. rain skirt
I've been using a rain skirt in the past. I don't like rain pants for being awkward to put on/off, heavy on your back (for an item that usually sees lots of pack time) and sweaty when in us...

In GEAR » Rain pants vs. rain skirt
August 07, 3:13am

Re: Re: mirror?
I too use a compass with a sighting mirror. It's a very simple and lightweight compass, a Recta DS40, just 1.5 oz. I don't usually use the mirror for taking bearings but even if I never did...

In GEAR » ?Small decent backpacking/travel mirrors?
August 05, 3:53am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am