BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 171 - 180 of 6134 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: FS MYOG Pack Lightened Jam
Put eyes on the middle picture and that's me leaning against a bench!

In Gear Swap » FS MYOG Pack Lightened Jam
February 17, 7:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Discovery Channel Fires Cody Lundin.
"I get tired of the drama. Not enough useful survival info." Which differs from BPL how?

In Chaff » Discovery Channel Fires Cody Lundin.
February 17, 7:32pm

Re: Making Do: The Clunker MTB and Too Much Fun.
Too much fun indeed! Our bodies have to grow up, our minds don't. Good on ya, Craig.

In Other Activities » Making Do: The Clunker MTB and Too Much Fun.
February 17, 7:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Too much fun in the 'kitchen' - my apologies
Sorry folks, I ran out of time today and didn't get a chance to make the chocolate chip cookiemuffin. So I can't tempt you with that bit of deliciousness....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
February 17, 5:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Michigan GGG (or just a plain old backpacking trip)"
"Can you join me??" While unlikely, it's still too early for me to figure that out. It's an area of the country I've never backpacked in before, so it would be great to joi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Michigan GGG (or just a plain old backpacking trip)
February 17, 4:29pm

Re: In market.
"I am in the market for a Poncho, but I gotta have it at 5 oz or less." Luke's Ultralight makes a pertex poncho that weighs 5.2 oz. Full coverage and taped seams. Surely you can fi...

In Gear Deals » Red Ledge Backpacker Poncho at REI $17
February 17, 9:58am

Re: Re: Re: Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
I guess I'm one of the few folks who like quilts even in winter, and have used them down to 7 degrees on the ground with no issues. I'll be using a quilt system in Northern Michigan on a sh...

In GEAR » Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
February 17, 9:34am

Re: Looking for Cottage Industry that Makes Synthetic Insulation Jackets
Try Luke's Ultralight. While he doesn't offer one on his site, he does do custom work, and he does make jackets. Can't hurt to ask.

In GEAR » Looking for Cottage Industry that Makes Synthetic Insulation Jackets
February 17, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: Moving Sideways
"West Coast Doug? Really?" Nah, Kat was just kidding around. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in this SpaghettiMonster forsaken place until I retire, or at least until my pup is no longer ...

In Chaff » Moving Sideways
February 17, 7:27am

Moving Sideways
So the chili is almost done, I just folded the sheets as they came out of the dryer, and now I'm sipping a bit of single malt and cooing at my old, sweet pup as she lies silently behind me. ...

In Chaff » Moving Sideways
February 16, 8:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am