Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 171 - 180 of 6952 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...696

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: it's been a couple of months now, feedback on iphone 6 use in the backcountry? 6 vs 6 plus?
Ralph, does it have to be the Nuud? Lifeproof has the fre as well, which is available for the 6 and which also claims to be waterproof/dustproof/etc. To be honest, I have no idea what the differenc...

In GEAR » it's been a couple of months now, feedback on iphone 6 use in the backcountry? 6 vs 6 plus?
December 20, 12:14pm

Re: Re
"I'll be the first to admit it was incredibly stupid of us. That was a long time ago. Won't be happening again I can assure you that much" It's good that you recognize how ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 4-day winter backcountry trip
December 20, 7:53am

Re: Sizing?
I generally wear 8.5, the larges fit very well.

In GEAR » Showers Pass waterproof socks
December 19, 6:21pm

Re: Re: Re: My tick experience. No pictures but not for the squeamish.
"Please note I am not advocating what I do. Every time I do it, I say out loud "I shouldn't do this"." Sounds like most of my life.... Glad you're okay Kat! Your n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My tick experience. No pictures but not for the squeamish.
December 19, 1:26pm

Re: Re: Showers Pass waterproof socks
"Sorry to bug you but I'm curious......Does it look like they might also be mosquito proof?" Possibly, but doubtful.

December 19, 1:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Showers Pass waterproof socks
"look at how they handle water absorption ? And when you wear them, how durable they are ? I had a pair which absorbed loads of water and leaked after only two uses. And the Rocky's don...

December 19, 1:06pm

Re: Showers Pass waterproof socks
These are interesting socks (to me anyway). They stretch, so they go on much easier than Rocky socks. They have an inner lining, which makes them more comfortable to wear on their own than Rockys. ...

December 19, 11:52am

Re: Re: Truth be known
"[28 IF]" Shouldn't that be 1F?

In Chaff » Trolls May Possibly BPL Staff Members
December 18, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Trolls May Possibly Be BPL Staff Members
Well, there is this: http://www.wired.com/2014/12/bots-now-outnumber-humans-web

In Chaff » Trolls May Possibly BPL Staff Members
December 18, 9:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: We saw it
"Sounds like a compelling reason to get your tubes tied. ;0)" Ummmmm, I guess if he was in touch with his feminine side, perhaps...... :-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT movie with Reese Witherspoon coming out
December 18, 8:52am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am