Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 171 - 180 of 7580 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...758

Forum » Thread

Re: Found Cup
Daryl, No worries, that was my pee cup (I hate bottles). I forgot to wash it out, could you please clean it before returning? Thanks.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW GGG is a GO!
June 15, 4:05pm

Re: Re: B.G.
From the forum guidelines page. Emphasis mine... * Temporary bans will always occur in concert with a personal email explaining the reason for the ban. The user will usually be offered the oppor...

In Chaff » Account Closed
June 15, 3:37pm

Re: B.G.
"I read the posts before they were deleted" As did I, and from my perspective they really weren't that bad at all. He was just being a(n annoying) nitpicker, nothing out of the ord...

June 15, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: REI Return Policy - Abuse of policy or not?
Points well made and taken.

In Chaff » REI Return Policy - Abuse of policy or not?
June 15, 2:32pm

Re: Re: Account Closed
The Account Closed person is different. If you look at Bob's profile, you'll see he's now a BPL Guest, not a forum member, regular member, etc. As a BPL Guest, you can't post to the...

June 15, 2:15pm

Re: Re: REI Return Policy - Abuse of policy or not?
Two somewhat related but completely unimportant thoughts: IMO, your question is really one of personal integrity. Personal integrity is, well, personal - it shouldn't be groupthink. You were...

In Chaff » REI Return Policy - Abuse of policy or not?
June 15, 1:18pm

Re: Bob Gross had his account closed
Nope, you've got it right. On the surface, yet another overreaction to a pretty trivial issue. Closing the account, or converting it to an account that can't post, is absolutely ridiculous....

June 15, 1:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cobra and Abrams
"I probably should've spent more than a few minutes selecting my career as an infantryman based on the sales pitch of "It's like camping with guns."" That's funny...

In Chaff » BPL Exclusive!
June 15, 12:37pm

Re: Exped Bust
The second one looks like a built in pillow! Good tips Tipi.

In GEAR » Best balance of weight + R value in Exped MW pad?
June 15, 12:36pm

Re: Bikepacking shorts with chamois
I ride Pearl Izumi Elites. Big fan of bib shorts as well.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking shorts with chamois
June 15, 12:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am