BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 171 - 180 of 6564 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...657

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: PLB Tests
""Product is not intended to be used orally. Do not use with flammable liquids. For entertainment purposes only."" All three of those statements can be found on a package of ...

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 18, 6:24pm

Re: Broccoli
"I find it fascinating. I wish I could impart the characteristic to my clothing." Interesting look anyway....

In Chaff » Broccoli
July 18, 5:03pm

Re: Whistle!
I love to whistle.

In GEAR » New communication device
July 17, 8:22pm

Re: Connected...
And then there's goTenna

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Connected on the trail
July 17, 2:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: connected
Interesting, related article. The sheer terror of being alone with our thoughts

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Connected on the trail
July 16, 9:21pm

Re: Re: Re: I admit I am a wuss
"If not for necessary bodily functions I might not get up until noon." Ah, another member of the Crack of Noon club. Welcome.

In Philosophy & Technique » People who don't enjoy camping
July 16, 7:47pm

Re: PCT movie with Reese Witherspoon coming out
"Did Reese Witherspoon use that movie to announce she is gay ?" I always thought she was kinda sad.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT movie with Reese Witherspoon coming out
July 16, 7:11pm

Re: Re: Re: inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
So, interesting (to me anyway). I did another sync to the site, and it said I needed updates (which surprised me since I just updated 15 minutes or so ago). This time it updated my contacts/mess...

July 16, 11:02am

Re: Re: inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
Okay, updated to firmware 2.6.25624. Sent test message. No confirmation message received yet. It's only been 5 minutes, but the test I did before the update received a near instantaneous respon...

July 16, 10:38am

Re: inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
I just dragged mine out of the drawer to test. It updated itself, without asking, when I acquired a signal. Still, I'm on Firmware version 2.6.24021. Sent a test message/received a reply fine. ...

July 16, 9:28am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am