Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 171 - 180 of 286 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: eggs that are not collected daily
Thought I'd make mention, that in fact, its the sinkers that are the good eggs. Floaters are eggs that have developed air inside, thru the shell, from being out too long. ...and as an aside...

In Chaff » Any backyard chicken farmers out there?
February 16, 7:55am

Re: Last Call!
Bob, I would so love to be on one of those hikes. I can see myself sitting outside, warm brew in my hands, just so I can watch the scurrying that takes place as you yell out Last Call!!! I&...

In Philosophy & Technique » morning routine
February 16, 7:46am

Re: Re: Look into your Crystal Ball
That is the same pattern we have had this winter here in Idaho. Huge early snow storms, and now nothing! We have gone from over 170% down to under 100%. The desert river season is only a month or s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Look into your Crystal Ball
February 10, 9:30am

Re: Re: Bear canister in idaho
Here in Idaho, we don't have the bear issues that many places have. In over 30 years of backpacking here in Idaho, all the bears I've seen run as fast as they can when they see humans. Mmmm...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bear canister on pct
February 10, 9:15am

calculating fuel
Paul, I've been using the LiteMax this last season, and have really been happy with it. From canoe camping to backpacking, its a great stove, especially for two. I like the flexibility of the ...

In GEAR » Canister Stoves.
February 10, 8:25am

Look into your Crystal Ball
Hey all you Sierra users, you know, you guys who actually live close enough to get out there regularly and call it your home base for hiking. I'd like to hear what you are thinking with rega...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Look into your Crystal Ball
February 10, 8:05am

Re: Re: Skurka Gear Book
Andrew, you are so right on track with your plan! As an author who went the self-published route, I can only offer a thousand bits of encouragement. The more research you do on the traditiona...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka Gear Book
February 04, 8:19am

Re: favorite loop trail in the U.S?
Probably a loop around/thru the entire Sawtooths starting and ending at Redfish Lake

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » favorite loop trail in the U.S?
January 30, 6:58pm

Re: Trip & Route Planning Process
Ryan, I am such the wrong guy to ask this question! I am the total obsessive compulsive trip planner. Hmmm, think Monk?! I need a 12 step group to help me! ;) I belive it is because of my climbing...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip & Route Planning Process
January 28, 11:21am

Fishing along the Sierra High Route
Hey, would like to hear any info on the fishing along the Sierra High Route. Mainly the off trail areas,(versus the JMT areas). Trying to decide on wether to bring some basic fly gear to fish a few...

In Fishing » Fishing along the Sierra High Route
January 24, 1:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am