Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

joe newton (holdfast) - BPL Guest

My Locale Bergen, Norway
About Me 40 years old and currently living in Bergen, Norway although originally from England.
My Website URLhttp://thunderinthenight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by joe newton

Showing 171 - 180 of 199 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

RE: "Salomon XA Comp 3 Trail Runners"
Thanks for the info Greg. Let's hope that I can get hold of the replacement laces over here!

In GEAR » Salomon XA Comp 3 Trail Runners
January 25, 12:47pm

A funny thing happened this morning
I was reading this thread this morning as I drank my coffee before heading out into the hills for the day. I remembered reading those same horror stories about these laces failing prematurely and b...

In GEAR » Salomon XA Comp 3 Trail Runners
January 25, 12:25pm

RE: "Breathable windshirts?"
I sweat at the drop of a hat (or the effort to bend down and pick it up at any rate) and I rate the Montane Lite-speed (Pertex Microlight) for it's breathability which is the most important con...

In GEAR » Breathable windshirts?
January 24, 3:14am

"Adult beverages in the backcountry."
This?

In Philosophy & Technique » Adult beverages in the backcountry.
January 13, 12:20am

Backcountry joe for Backcountry Joe
Would a Buff work instead of the cheesecloth? Another few grams saved! :-) I'm happy to carry a few luxuries so a lightweight coffee press isn't out of the question. The problem will sta...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
January 12, 10:59am

re: Test linky
Sorry Greg, I forgot to say thank you. You must be fed up telling people how to do it!

In User Test Forum » Test linky
January 09, 9:31am

Ok, got it now
but I'd still prefer an 'insert link at cursor' button!

January 09, 9:14am

WEATHER

January 09, 9:08am

That one I added the www that I omitted from the other attempts. Still no luck. I think it might be the use of spaces that I'm messing up. I deleted all the spaces out

January 09, 9:04am

Now see, that's what I was trying to do earlier (from another thread you posted on Greg about adding an 'insert link at the cursor' button to the reply/post page. Here is another att...

January 09, 9:01am

All Reader Reviews by joe newton

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Allen and Mike's Backcountry Ski Book
Pretty much the bible when it comes to winter backcountry travel and camping, and not just on skis. Knowledgeable, interesting, humorous and Mike's illustrations are cute and technically astute. ...

In Books and Media
June 13, 11:31am

Terra Nova Laser Competition
Couldn't agree more with the other reviewer. It's a cinch to set up and while there are a couple of obvious tiny compromises to keep the weight low (single zip on the door, etc) it really is a...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
July 16, 11:03am

Thermarest Neo-Air
I purchased the Short version of this much lauded/derided sleeping mat and have to say it proved to be nothing less than exceptional. I'm a smidge over 6 feet and around 190lbs and once I realised...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
July 15, 3:10pm

Inov-8 Debrisgaiter
I agree with Sam's review above. The Inov-8 Debris Gaiter is almost perfect. The fit and functionality of the product was just what I was looking for when trail running and backpacking. Stretch...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 22, 4:04am

Sea to Summit Alpha Light Spoon
I swapped my previously beloved Primus folding Ti spork for the Alphalight spoon (long version) for a couple of reasons. The Alphalight is longer (no more messy knuckles when eating freeze-dried meals...

In Cookware - Other
May 22, 3:34am

Montane Lite-speed
I've been wearing this jacket for over a year now and it gets used maybe three times a week for hiking, backpacking, road and trail running. It is light, packable and just weather resistant enough...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
May 22, 3:22am

Optimus (Brunton in US) Folding Ti Spork
I already had a Light My Fire plastic spork which worked perfectly well, weighed next to nothing, cost a couple of quid but kept getting lost in my food/cooking bag. When I was looking to 'streaml...

In Cookware - Titanium
July 28, 6:19am