BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Winter backpacking in the Sunbelt vs. snow-stuff in the Rockies ... decisions, decisions
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 171 - 180 of 1226 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...123

Forum » Thread

Re: Great website for snowpack information
Thanks, put the link in my toolbox. May need to put off going over the Colorado state line one more week as my interest areas still have a couple feet of snow (though I will confirm with the range...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Great website for snowpack information
June 01, 3:21pm

Re: Ben Smith from Goosefeet. Anyone correspond with him lately?
Looking at buying something from him late last year, he had a post on his website about his seamstresses taking some sort of leave at the same time, .. not sure that's the case anymore half a y...

In GEAR » Ben Smith from Goosefeet. Anyone correspond with him lately?
May 30, 10:15am

Re: Aquamira A+B ratio critical?
One is going to be the limiting reagent in chemistry talk, so I'm guessing the volumes needed err on the worst case scenario after the manufacturers testing. I'd still keep the relative ra...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Aquamira A+B ratio critical?
May 29, 11:58am

Re: Public Announcement - Bryce Canyon Backcountry Shutdown
Ted said.... making sure that people are informed that they are entering the bears "home" are ways to help prevent incidents, but there will be incidents no matter what we do as long ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Public Announcement - Bryce Canyon Backcountry Shutdown
May 29, 11:37am

Re: JMT Hike: Convertable Pants vs Shorts with built in liner
Recently returned a pair of convertible pants that had a seemingly tough-looking zipper fall apart after only a few zips. Definitely not a fan and going back to shorts or regular pants with approp...

In GEAR » JMT Hike: Convertable Pants vs Shorts with built in liner
May 29, 8:36am

Re: Thoughts on Colin Fletcher
Always have time to crack open my 4th ed of the Complete Walker having read the earlier eds at the library, ... guess it was a different time. There's a passage where he woke up in a farmers f...

In On the Web » Thoughts on Colin Fletcher
May 27, 12:17pm

Re: WTB: Exped Downmat Short or UL Downmat XS (47")
If you cannot find one, I have a small at 47 inches long with the built in handpump. Feel free to PM me.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Exped Downmat or UL Downmat short (46")
May 23, 4:23pm

Re: Suggestions for late June backpacking in CO
Leigh it's dry in the Pecos but not like last May - just returned. Even some postholing Not sure what it will look like late June though unless there's moisture. I was planning the we...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Suggestions for late June backpacking in CO
May 20, 7:50pm

Re: Hikers shot and robbed in California
That's odd for a remote trailhead, and have never had an issue. One of these urban wilderness areas I caught 2 looking to break in when I returned (lucky it was next to a well traveled highway)...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers shot and robbed in California
May 20, 7:31pm

Re: Medical establishment appears divided on suction.
Not sure one could do ethical medical research on rattler bites on humans. The best way may be an analysis of snake bite victims who used the Extractor -- plus there's various heads for other ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Extractor Snake Bite Kit - Still Relevant?
May 17, 1:26pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.