BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 171 - 180 of 1687 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...169

Forum » Thread

Need Help: Photos of Dan's Zelph Stoves at the GGG!!!
I can't get photos until the weekend. I got both Starlyte models and Ken gave me a carbon felt simmer ring. Action shot at home? :) Duane

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
February 19, 8:41pm

page loads
I had issues from the work computer today also, on my breaks. Duane

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Slow Page Loads
February 19, 8:39pm

ZPacks Zero
I measured my "stuff" and seems I need the large Zero with the mesh front pocket. Still a pretty light pack. Just ordered a shelter from Joe, but passed on the pack for now, as I have t...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
February 19, 5:58pm

Re: Still lost
Jon, I live at 3800', had great results with the modified Starlyte with the CC and .6L pot, slower than the 12-10 stove by about a minute, but used a noticable less amount of fuel on Saturday, ...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Awesomeness
February 18, 12:00pm

Thank you
I obtained both the regular Starlyte and the modified one and the simmer ring. I'll have to try the cooking gig sometime. Had very satisfactory results my second go round with the modified St...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone 12-10 and StarLyte Simmer Device
February 17, 9:04am

Thanks John
Thank you John on the PM reply, really appreciate it. Did not make my decision much easier. Still up in the air over either going SUL (plain Hex tent again at 12-13 oz. or tarping it with bug biv...

In GEAR » Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?
February 16, 9:38am

Caldera Cone Awesomeness
I forgot to mention, knew there was something. For the modified Starlyte, I placed some washers under it to get the top of the burner to the same height as the 12-10 stove. For the regular Starl...

February 15, 9:05pm

.6L pot faster than .9L
I'm hanging close to home this weekend, but still out in the garage taking photos of some of my old stoves. Got out my Modified Starlyte and Starlyte stoves, carbon felt simmer ring (freebies ...

February 15, 7:11pm

I can't get a boil in 8 minutes
Jon, I've used my 12-10 stove and I believe it was the same boil time roughly at home (3800') as at elevation, a little over 7 minutes, for 12oz Sierra temp water. The short Evernew .6L po...

February 14, 9:01am

Caldera Cone Awesomeness
I thought you had to be at least a former customer for them to send just a cone out, as they want to sell a kit that would include their 12-10 stove, at least what Rand told me in a email reply whe...

February 14, 6:51am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.