BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 171 - 180 of 385 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...39

Forum » Thread

dry bags
I def am gonna want as most water protection as possible. I am gonna have dry bags for my sleeping bag, clothes, tent, and a ditty bag for small things. Part of my trip will be backpacking so th...

In GEAR » drybags...which one?
February 23, 9:46pm

drybags...which one?
Hey all I need to buy some dry bags for my Alaska trip this summer. I have been looking at bags made by Granite Gear, Cascade Designs, Outdoor Research and Sea to Summit. Can you recommend any o...

In GEAR » drybags...which one?
February 23, 7:48pm

GPS for my birthday!!
Hey everyone! So...I got a huge surprise and got a hand held GPS unit for my birthday....super stoked! I have never looked into them because I knew I didnt have the money for one..so I dont know ...

In GEAR » GPS for my birthday!!
February 23, 12:54am

Metero Bivy
Ya thats the closest one I have found to what I am looking for. The netting isnt free standing, but I guess not a deal breaker. If I wanted to set up that bivy without my tarp over it, could I su...

In GEAR » bivy recomendation
February 13, 11:50pm

bivys
Just looked at the ones you all mentioned....but none of them seem to fit the criteria I am looking for. Looking for: -bottom half (lower half where my legs are) of bivy to be water proof -U...

February 13, 5:45pm

quality
Are any of them better quality for the price than others? Any first hand experiences? Something like the meteor bivy, but with a free standing net?

February 13, 12:36am

bivy recomendation
Hey all I recently got a GoLite poncho tarp, and am pretty stoked with it. But I want to get a bivy to match with it. Most of my backpacking is in the Sierras in the spring summer and fall. So t...

February 13, 12:16am

How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
Hey all So there is always tons of threads about gear, food, destinations ect. But there doesnt seem to be a whole lot about how people actual hike/ spend there time hiking. I was just curio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
February 12, 9:30pm

WTB Meteor Bivy
Anyone got a meteor Bivy that is in good condition they might be willing to part with? Thanks Dan

In Gear Swap » WTB Meteor Bivy
February 11, 9:10pm

Dana Designs Arcflex Terraplane
hey all So...my first pack when I was younger was a Dana Designs ArcFlex Terraplane. it was a great pack, but now...looking back it a very heavy and BIG pack. Recently I have heard alot of talk ...

In GEAR » Dana Designs Arcflex Terraplane
February 02, 12:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.