BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 171 - 180 of 439 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...44

Forum » Thread

stoves in snow
I have a pocket rocket stove. How do canister stoves like that perform in cold weather?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in the snow
September 11, 2:48am

fires
hey all The idea of a fire was not so much for the warmth, I just love sitting by a fire at night when I am in the back country. But from all the replies, it doesnt seem to worth it. SO how ma...

September 09, 4:34pm

sweet...thanks!
Well thanks everyone for the helpful replies....I am pretty stoked to get out there this winter! SOunds like the main things I need to get are another sleeping pad and a good snow shovel. If I ...

September 08, 1:01pm

is this for real?
This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads I have read on here in a long time. Sounds like Eric is just trying to get attention and wants everyone to think he is super bad-ass and hardcore....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If yr gear aint trashed ...
September 08, 12:53pm

staking out in hard ground
I do most of my backpacking in the sierras and alot of it is above tree line and camping on granite. To stake out my double rainbow which is a non-free standing tent, I simply get a piece of cord ...

In GEAR » Staking out a non-free-standing tent on very hard ground....
September 08, 12:42pm

great replies
Thanks for all the replies, all of it was very helpful. I had a few more questions. Would it always be recommended to bring a synthetic bag vs a down bag since it would be likely the sleeping bag...

September 07, 3:54pm

Backpacking in the snow
Hey all Hope everyone has had an awesome summer of backpacking. As the summer season winds down I want to really get myself geared up for some winter backpacking. Was hoping to get a few pointer...

September 06, 11:51pm

WTB microspikes
Hey all Still lookin for a pair of microspikes if anyone has some they would be willing to part with. Tight on cash, and cant afford a new pair. But since I am heading up to the high sierras in ...

In Gear Swap » WTB microspikes
June 04, 12:37pm

Lost Coast
No one has mentioned the Lost Coast. Thats a great spot to go where you can get into some pretty rugged terrain, not alot of people and some beautiful scenery.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where to backpack in Nor Cal? Too much snow in the Sierras!
June 04, 12:31pm

bump
Anyone got any advice?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tent recommendation for Juneau Alaska this August
June 03, 9:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.