Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 171 - 180 of 453 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...46

Forum » Thread

Havasu Falls
Hey everyone Ran across some info about a trip to a place called Havasu falls in Grand Canyon National Park. I found some info about doing pack mule trips into, but not much about hiking to them J...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Havasu Falls
November 17, 12:59am

hybrid
I dont think the ranger was commenting on his color. I think he was saying that in the far past when there were still brown bears in california, that some may have procreated with black bears and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Bear Spray.
November 08, 1:23pm

big bear
Ya she was close, we actually walked up on her by accident on the bubbs creek trail in Kings Canyon. She had an adolescent cub with her than ran away before I could snap a shot. She was only abou...

November 08, 1:00pm

Bears on the trail
Ive seen all these guys on the trail and never had a problem...always stoked when I have time to snap a photo. I think bear spray would be way overkill. The first one is the biggest bear ive ev...

November 07, 11:36pm

CAMP harness
Thanks eric....ill keep an eye out for a good deal on one.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » swiss seat harness seat
November 07, 4:37pm

harness
Ya I was thinking webbing would be much more comfortable than rope. I was planning on pairing it with a carabiner and a belay device. It seems like a good lightweight way to expand cross country ...

November 07, 4:17pm

easy enough
An additional foam pad sounds easy and cheap enough...thanks dude!

In GEAR » R- value?
November 07, 3:49pm

swiss seat harness seat
Has anyone ever used a Swiss seat harness set up during cross country routes when a small, non-technical rappel was needed? I ran into a few situations this last summer where it seems like somethi...

November 07, 3:35pm

thanks
Thanks everyone, that all makes total sense. SO I use a thermorest prolite plus. I am always warm with it for three season use. I am hoping to get into some snow trips this season. Would that p...

In GEAR » R- value?
November 07, 3:31pm

R- value?
Could someone please explain what exactly the R-vaule for a pad means? Thanks Dan

In GEAR » R- value?
November 07, 11:27am

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.