Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 171 - 180 of 461 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...47

Forum » Thread

Fishing Northen California in February
hey all My buddy and I are gonna be doing a two week road trip north from San Francisco in the beginning of February. We were hoping to do some fishing, and I was wondering if ya'll had any i...

In Fishing » Fishing Northen California in February
January 26, 1:52pm

Northern California suggestions
Hey everyone So my buddy and I are going to head north from San Francisco for two weeks in the beginning of February (dependent on weather) to explore around Northern California. I was hoping I c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Northern California suggestions
January 26, 1:49pm

south lake tahoe hiking
Hey all I am heading up to tahoe with some friends for a few days and they want to do a good day hike while we are up there. Since there really isnt any snow, I am thinking alot of trail should s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » south lake tahoe hiking
December 28, 11:46am

Florence Lake
Bob Thats a good question. I havent heard anything about him up there. I know that Ansel Adams had been up there. I also know that the "original first doctor" from Yosemite Valley mad...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir at Oakland Museum
December 27, 12:59am

What did the donkeys carry?
When Muir did all his exploring and got into all his adventures he never had any donkeys with him...if he was lucky he had one of two dogs with him Stickeen or Carlo. I could be wrong but I think ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir at Oakland Museum
December 08, 12:43pm

9 year olds firs trip
if its her first trip and she is only 9, you might consider doing something a little more mellow, and at max a week long. And I would also consider bringing a stove...even though its more weight s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » HST loop
December 02, 1:08pm

time of year
When are you planning on doing this?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » HST loop
November 30, 10:09pm

seasons?
Is it accessible all year round? Or are some seasons better than others, or more crowded? Ive done the majority of my hiking in the sierras and know very little about dessert hiking. Thanks Dan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Havasu Falls
November 17, 1:25am

Havasu Falls
Hey everyone Ran across some info about a trip to a place called Havasu falls in Grand Canyon National Park. I found some info about doing pack mule trips into, but not much about hiking to them J...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Havasu Falls
November 17, 12:59am

hybrid
I dont think the ranger was commenting on his color. I think he was saying that in the far past when there were still brown bears in california, that some may have procreated with black bears and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Bear Spray.
November 08, 1:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.