BPL Community Profile

Gregory Petliski (gregpphoto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gregory Petliski hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gregory Petliski has not added a biography yet.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://gregpphoto.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gregory Petliski

Showing 171 - 180 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

RE
I'm looking at the Panasonic GF2 w/ 14mm lens to replace my full throttle 50D w/ 17-40L for hiking. With lens (which is interchangable and = to about 25mm on a 35mm system), its about 12 oz. My...

In Photography » Lightwt camera w RAW and carry case
March 15, 11:46am

RE
Thanks guys. I have read the NOLS pages, as well as a hundred other articles on lightning safety. I know the basics. As far as reading the clouds and the weather, it gets tricky in the mountains; t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lightning Safety
March 15, 12:35am

Lightning Safety
Question for all the knowledgable minds here. Say you're a good 500 feet or more above the tree line when an unexpected t-storm pops overhead. Run for low ground or squat and pray where you are...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lightning Safety
March 14, 5:36pm

re
For dinky local "hikes" in central NJ i used to take a photo of the map (I'm a photographer so the camera is with me on every hike). Hows THAT for light weight, we're talking pixe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where to keep the map while walking?
March 14, 5:33pm

RE
Yea, thought of that. Just got back from the depot, and a guy who camps told me the best and easiest is just a bandana, and I agree with him.

In Make Your Own Gear » Heat resistant dust tape
March 12, 10:59am

Moosejaw - the anti-sale
Browsing Moosejaw, thinking theyre cool, till I see a knife from Kershaw for $60 that Kershaw themselves MSRPs for $30. I keep looking around, and a lot of the gear they have is over priced. What g...

In Gear Deals » Moosejaw - the anti-sale
March 12, 10:02am

Re
Maybe even make a small plastic mold to squeeze the caulk into so it forms a more cylindrical shape around the handles? Then again, I wouldnt even need to cover the entire length of the handle; I o...

March 12, 9:59am

Heat resistant dust tape
I bought a titanium pot from Backcountry, their own model on sale for $25, not bad. Only thing is handles are bare. I was thinking heat resistant duct tape would work, anyone have experience with i...

March 12, 8:43am

Re: a 20 year reveiw of my gear
$5 an ounce sounds about right to me. If I spend $10 to save one ounce, I'm happy with that ratio. What a disparity between the years, technology has come a ways.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » a 20 year reveiw of my gear
March 12, 8:35am

Re
My first real backpack trip since scouts, I was 19 when I went to the Adirondacks for the first time. I was one of the few unfortunate ones to have rented the Bear Vault about one week after the be...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Kindness of Strangers
March 11, 11:00am

All Reader Reviews by Gregory Petliski

Gregory Petliski has posted no reviews.