BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 171 - 180 of 4596 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...460

Forum » Thread

Re: I wish I had a little bit more room
Scout................8.0" tall...500 ci...28.0 oz...$232 Weekender....10.5" tall...656 ci...31.2 oz...$262 Custom 12"...12.0" tall...750 ci...33.2 oz...$302 Expedition.....14...

In GEAR » 4th Most Popular Size for Bearikade Food Canister
February 03, 2:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Computer
...drifting.... What is the difference between Lightroom and Elements? (as briefly as possible) ...end drift

In Other Activities » Help me pick a computer
February 03, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Toilet Paper
Tad, The answers are Here. WAGs are interesting, but nothing beats science.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toilet Paper
February 03, 1:50pm

Re: PTech Byte
"There's parasitic drain but if you're okay rotating one battery between trips, this isn't an issue." The parasitic drain issue is resolved in the new version. (Available a...

In GEAR » Excellent headlamp review and deceptive advertising
February 03, 11:21am

Re: Newbie Seam Sealing my Moment DW
"I mixed the silicone and mineral spirits per instructions..." GE 100% Silicone? If so, just give it time.

In Make Your Own Gear » Newbie Seam Sealing my Moment DW
February 03, 8:39am

Re: ULA's take
"...the new, poly faced fabric, ... It's incredibly tough..." Well, that would make a huge improvement to durability. "...and a bunch were used on Andrew Skurka's...

In GEAR » Anyone used the same piece of cuben gear for more than one thru-hike?
February 03, 8:19am

Re: Re: Re: Please don't delete
Does this imply you will no longer post the "cat of the day" here? ...wimper

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
February 03, 8:05am

Re: Re: THE PCT... FOR ME?
Twenty miles a day is Very doable. Times 90 days is 1800 miles. Pick the best 2000 miles and go for it. Kennedy Meadows to somewhere in Washington? (I'm not a big fan of the desert. YMMV...

In Philosophy & Technique » THE PCT... FOR ME?
February 02, 8:58pm

Re: keeping shorts clean
Wash a pair every night and let them dry, into the next day if necessary. "Chamois Butt'r" washes out with regular soap and water.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » keeping shorts clean
February 02, 8:47pm

Re: velcro attachment requires attention to detail
"I'd love to use the Dirty Girl gaiters just for the funk factor, but I just could not get the Velcro patch to stay glued to my shoes." For my first several pair I cleaned the shoe...

In GEAR » gaiters
February 02, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm