Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 171 - 180 of 5844 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...585

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Another One Avoids the Darwin Award
And more ... "He might sail up and down the Intracoastal Waterway, but he didn't have the experience he needed to go out into the ocean."

In Chaff » Another One Avoids the Darwin Award
April 03, 7:24am

Re: Re: Re: Tenkara Nymphing
Something I forgot about on the learning curve - Casting beadheads into your rod tip is not a good thing. I have broken a couple of tips from to many impacts. My casting has improved and I d...

In Fishing » Which Tenkara Rod?
April 03, 7:15am

Re: In the meme time
^^^ Or in this case, 714 words.

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
April 02, 10:24pm

Another One Avoids the Darwin Award
"A North Carolina man missing at sea for 66 days was rescued from his disabled sailboat about 200 miles off the state's coast, the U.S. Coast Guard said Thursday. " Details ...

In Chaff » Another One Avoids the Darwin Award
April 02, 9:05pm

Re: Re: Want stove that can boil H2O in a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle
Or... A custom caldera cone, with the bottle supported by a silicone band. Stability Will be an issue.

In Multiple Use Gear » Want stove that can boil H2O in a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle
April 02, 9:02pm

Re: I forgot my sun hat
With friends like that .... (joke) Classic, Daryl.

In Chaff » I forgot my sun hat
April 02, 8:34pm

Re: Trekking poles/blisters
I don't have tough hands. Raking the drive for 30 minutes without gloves leads to disaster. I don't have straps. I use my poles for balance and "catching" a stumble. The o...

In GEAR » Trekking poles/blisters
April 02, 8:06pm

Re: Tenkara Nymphing
90% of my fishing is some form of Euro nymphing, with beadheads. This is typical of what George Daniels (coach of the Junior fly fishing team) has in his box His book - - is a great...

April 02, 7:26pm

Re: Solo
^^^ Nicely stated Mike. You nailed it for me.

In Philosophy & Technique » Solo.
April 02, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tenkara rod
I'm glad to hear furled lines can be kept off the water. Not so with many of the first lines out there. They would soak/hold, get heavy and sag. It wasn't pretty. "Fly and tippet ...

April 02, 6:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm