Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 171 - 180 of 5323 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...533

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Gear for John Muir Trail next week
Where specifically? Guitar Lake Forecast Scroll around on the Forecast Map, then click the spot of your choosing. Bookmark that, and watch it for the next week.

In GEAR » Gear for John Muir Trail next week
October 20, 6:52pm

Re: Re: 13-day Grand Canyon Traverse
" Vastly preferred my pleated Platy's." +1 I carried a 3L platy, and that put a lot of weight at one spot. I also had 1L platys, and they were a lot easier to pack in and aroun...

In Gear Lists » 13-day Grand Canyon Traverse
October 20, 4:22pm

Re: The moments that matter
Very special indeed. Thank you.

In Post-Trip Reports » The moments that matter
October 20, 1:10pm

Re: Grand Canyon R2R2R on Bass Trails
Impressive feat, and impressive feet. Thanks for the post. From FKT - "Burrell, Corfield and Bakwin started at the South Bass TH at 6:07a.m., ran down to the river, swam across in wet...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon R2R2R on Bass Trails
October 20, 12:32pm

Re: two types of o-rings?
They are "durometer" values - hardness, elasticity, squishyness, ... ... and speak to how "tight" of a seal is required, and the amount of force to get it. In this case I...

In GEAR » Snow Peak LiteMax stove malfunction? or was it the canister's fault? or maybe just my own stupidity?
October 20, 11:41am

Re: WTB: Therm-a-rest Neoair Xlite (Large)
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Therm-a-rest Neoair Xlite (Large)
October 19, 11:36am

Drifting ....
"... canister stoves are the only stoves allowed during a fire ban." Wrong. Dispelled in another thread where contact was made with a number of agencies regarding the use of alcoh...

In GEAR » Snow Peak LiteMax stove malfunction? or was it the canister's fault? or maybe just my own stupidity?
October 18, 7:17pm

Re: Malto
"Sweetness" is a physical perception of taste buds reacting to some chemical. How liquid/slurry/gel foods affects your teeth is a function of how it, temporarily, 1) changes your mout...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Carbohydrate supplement source
October 15, 1:37pm

Re: 13-day Grand Canyon Traverse
Water Treatment - How will you settle and decant high sediment water? If you only have 2 20 ounce bottles total, it will be tedious. You'll only get about 16 ounces per batch, because of the ...

In Gear Lists » 13-day Grand Canyon Traverse
October 15, 11:22am

Re: A bike for my wife on our wedding anniversary
Add a shock seatpost to the upgrade list - Various brands range from $35 and up. Personally, I'd spend $100. Road versions have about 1 inch of travel. Mtb have maybe 2". Some...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » A bike for my wife on our wedding anniversary
October 13, 9:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm