BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 171 - 180 of 1305 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...131

Forum » Thread

re: Awesome tent repair!!!!
Yup, that's the way to do it! Makes for a very sturdy mend. Thanks for sharing the video!

In Make Your Own Gear » Awesome tent repair!!!! Check it out
October 19, 12:10pm

Call MLD
Joe, just cal MLD, and talk to Ron. He could give you the best advice, and maybe even tweak one for you!

In GEAR » MLD Superlight Bivy
October 18, 10:22am

re: Trangia all the way
I agree with Jim and Zorg: Trangia is great for not just boiling, but actually cooking! No, it's not the lightest alcohol stove by a long shot, but for simmering, frying, etc, it can't be b...

In GEAR » Best kind of alcohol stove to sometimes actually cook with
October 15, 3:19pm

re: Try this.
That is excellent advice, Jim!

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 10, 9:36pm

re: Fall in the Park
It's a beautiful place, especially in the fall. Thanks for sharing the experience, Paul!

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall in the Park
October 09, 7:49pm

An idea
If you can get to the level of relationship that allows you to go through her stuff when you're on the trail..... Halfway through the hike, second or third day, go through her pack, identi...

In Philosophy & Technique » helping girlfriend reduce weight - personal fears
October 09, 12:30pm

re: park closures... insanity... time for civil disobedience?
So the congressmen still get their pay checks, so does the President, along with Camp David, and Ms. Obama has her projects funded, but the National Parks, severely underfunded to begin with, are c...

In Pre-Trip Planning » park closures... insanity... time for civil disobediance?
October 09, 12:23pm

Cuben poncho abrasion
No, I haven't had an abrasion issues - but remember I'm in southern California, where rain is only an occasional issue! With the cuben poncho/chaps, I have a very light rain covering for bo...

In GEAR » Custom Zpacks Poncho-Tarp, some pics
October 06, 4:44pm

Spreadsheet highlight
To highlight your name in the spreadsheet, left click the square with your first name, then without releasing, drag right to the zip code box, release. There is now a heavy blue line around your fi...

In Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
October 05, 5:30pm

re: Re: re: Custom Zpacks Poncho-Tarp, some pics
Two long zippers - up the sides? I didn't notice them at first. That would certainly give more side protection. Do they limit the breeze venting through the side? Looks like you still have larg...

In GEAR » Custom Zpacks Poncho-Tarp, some pics
October 04, 10:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am