BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 171 - 180 of 1248 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...125

Forum » Thread

re: Marmot Plasma 3
I have one, and have used it in the southern Sierras (Golden Trout, Sequoia, etc). Very adequate for the summer. Late September I start thinking about carrying a warmer bag, not so much because...

In GEAR » Marmot Plasma 30
August 12, 9:17pm

@ Ken Thompson
Hey Ken Go to the first post of this thread. At the bottom of the post is a link that will take you to the list. Add your name, etc., then click in an empty box somewhere, and you should be on t...

In Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
August 12, 9:04pm

re: RE" pre-cooked bacon, my favorite no-cook food
Another nice thing about Oberto's bacon jerky is that, compared to other pre-cooked and raw bacon, they reduce the fat a good bit. Still tastes great!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » pre-cooked bacon, my favorite no-cook food.
August 12, 6:19pm

Western Box Start
Okay, I've put together a starting box for the Western States, and will be sending it out tomorrow. It looks like Jeff M is closest to me, so I'll send it off to him. The box has some ol...

August 12, 4:31pm

Travelling Hiker Box
In for the Western Box! I don't see anyone volunteering to start a Western Box? If someone has started already, say so - otherwise I'll get one together and start tomorrow!

August 12, 12:22pm

Re: Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
Fresh non-stocked trout!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
August 05, 3:25pm

re: group float
Absolutely no advice re: the river, packrafting etc. But as far as your sleeping "shelter", can you talk to the leader (prof, whatever) and get permission to bring your own shelter, ev...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Should I consider a group float through Desolation Canyon? Help me decide.
August 03, 3:45pm

re: ti frame
I think a cannister might be strapped onto the top "arc" bar? What bugs me is that apparently Vargo didn't notice that the human back isn't flat, but a long s-curve. It seems w...

In GEAR » Vargo Ti Arc External Frame Backpack...Thoughts?
August 03, 2:11pm

re: Want to Borrow/Rent Spot 2
Dang! I shouldn't have told you my sad tale! But I wouldn't want your wife to go through what she did, nor you to go through what I did when I got home! ;) Okay, who wants it? I'm do...

In Gear Swap » Want to Borrow/Rent Spot 2
August 02, 11:05pm

re: Rent for a lifetime
I'll even throw in some new lithium batteries!

In Gear Swap » Want to Borrow/Rent Spot 2
August 02, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am