Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Zuniga (gliden2) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northwest
About Me Ultralite backcountry enthusiast and traveler! I enjoy big mile days on the trail, MLD gear, and keeping things simple and minimal while pushing the limits. After a failed attempt on the TRT(Tahoe rim trail) last summer, I plan on going back again this year for redemtion and completing it in under 5 days.
CityBend
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListTRT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 171 - 180 of 222 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

WTB Solo Tarp
Im looking for a solo tarp and thought i would check here before i bought brand new. I would really like cuben fiber or spinnaker, but am still considering silnylon because of the price. The tarp...

In Gear Swap » WTB Solo Tarp
May 17, 5:31pm

Spin Shelter
Roger i'll take the the Spinshelter for half price. How much does it way? What is the condition?Can you post any pics? Send me a PM or email @ gliden2@q.com. Thanks Aaron

In GEAR » What solo shelter
May 16, 3:40pm

UL 60 Quilt
Great minimalist quilt for warmer temps. Like other members I usually pair this with some type of headware or balaclava and insulated jacket.I sleep warm, so this system will keep me comfortable in...

In GEAR » UL 60 Quilt
May 15, 4:38pm

"Can your stove be too light?"
I have been using either a FireLite Titanium Esbit Wing Stove or a cat food can stove that i made. Both are super light (.29oz and .39oz) but come with some major disadvantages. -not the most eff...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Can your stove be too light?
May 15, 1:09am

solo shelter
"The other big difference is that in the standard version, Tigoat has a chest level zip, vs Oware has a drawcord at the top". Thats a great point that i hadn't really considered. N...

May 13, 4:21pm

Solo Shelter
Thanks to everyone who chimmed in and helped me narrow down the field of choices! James, I already have a Cattarp2 and love it! The catenary cut makes getting a taut pitch a breeze after a long...

May 13, 10:35am

What solo shelter
I have pretty much narrowed it down to a few, but am interested in what everyone has to say about the topic. My main focuses are -Keeping price ultra-affordable -while staying as light as possibl...

May 12, 5:22pm

Poles
BPL Stix are on sale right now for 40% off making them 54 bucks! Definetly your sign to snag a pair and give them a try. This is the best deal on single piece carbon fiber poles out there and their...

In GEAR » Trekking Pole Selection Guide?
May 11, 12:44pm

Poles
This should be of some help Height Pole Size ft.in. inches cm 2'9''-3'0'' 30'' 75cm 3'1''-3'4'' 32'' 80cm 3'5''-...

In GEAR » Trekking Pole Selection Guide?
May 11, 12:27pm

"Is buying a footprint silly?"
Footprints are expensive and heavy. I agree with above posts and have had great success with the Polycryo Ground Cloth and Tyvek. Much lighter and they will provide enough protection for the shelte...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is buying a footprint silly?
May 10, 5:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Zuniga

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
-This Review is based purely on service since i haven't recieved my quilt yet... I will add a a more extensive review once i have had some time with it in the field. The guys at Jack's R Be...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 11:24am

Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket
This thing really shines in soo many ways. It's slim fit keeps the core warm nicely preventing convective heat loss- great for boosting temps in your sleep system, and wearing during breaks-or col...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 25, 3:44pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These are a great feelin, lightweight base layer. I have used them under wind and insulated pants with great success, and they never get stinky! The only downside is they run and tear a little too eas...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 2:28am

Oware Dixon Double Bivy
This review is on the Oware Dixon Double Bivy. I had been in the market for a double bivy for a long time but couldn't find too many options out there! I had seen the Double Vapr Bivy Sack @ BPL...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
February 09, 7:23pm