BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 171 - 180 of 1450 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: What would be your ultimate backpacking adventure?
For a single extended BPing trip I would seriously look at a PCT/CDT loop. I think Skurka did this, Great western loop. I have looked at his route down south but there have been a number of hiker...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What would be your ultimate backpacking adventure?
September 29, 4:28pm

Frameless
23 lbs PROPERLY PACKED is no problem for a frameless pack IMHO. Over 25 lbs become a bit cumbersome but in your example you drop two lbs a day plus up to 4 lbs of water weight. Don't just look...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 24, 6:24pm

Agree with Aaron
I would get a mid with bug inner. You are not likely to have fresh snow, you will likely have miles and miles of consolidated snow. The last thing I would worry about with your schedule is a snow...

In GEAR » UL Tents good in light - medium snow
September 24, 6:18pm

Re: Re: 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
"There is also that little loop that goes by Rae Lakes (in the Sierra). Although April is not the time for that one." I did the loop in April '10 in heavy snow with snowshoes. Had...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
September 22, 4:10pm

Re: Durability of Salomon trail runners
I have gone through no fewer than five pairs of XA 3d ultras over the last three years. I would give them about the same durability as LaSportiva wildcats, brooks Cascadias and other Salomon produ...

In GEAR » Durability of Salomon trail runners
September 16, 7:14pm

Great trip
I am highly considering doing a similarly paced trip next summer. The part of the world is just drop dead gorgeous. Glad your trip worked out as almost planned.

In Post-Trip Reports » 6 DAYS AND 200 MILES ON THE JOHN MUIR TRAIL
September 16, 7:05pm

Re: "My (failed) attempt at a SHR section."
""Problem solved"...umm, I'd still suggest going in for that cardio work up. Not painful--no pain at all!--not expensive. Certainly good for peace of mind and crossing things off...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 11, 8:00pm

Eat more carbs
Problem solved. The high route is not the place to skimp on food.

September 11, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
""My knowledge of nutrition is very limited, but I always end up eating a lot of carbs. So probably a lot more than 30%." So, how Many calories did you actually eat? Per Hour...

September 10, 7:51pm

Pct
Start - 24lb (8lb food, 8 lb gear and 8lb water) Could have started with less water. End - about the same, had the exact same gear. Heaviest - leaving Kennedy Meadows ( 9 lb gear, 21 lb. food. 2 ...

In GEAR » Thru-hiker poll: what was your average carried pack weight?
September 09, 5:55am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.