BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 171 - 180 of 1416 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...142

Forum » Thread

Zpacks
And others have waterproof zippers

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding a zip to an Event Bivy.
August 11, 7:23pm

Re: Re: "Medium Light"
"I've hesitated to call myself an "ultralight" backpacker because some folks just assume that means certain things. For example: I don't cut off the end of my toothbrush. I u...

In GEAR » "Medium Light"
August 11, 3:57pm

Re: "KSL" :o)
Actually Eric there is nothing stopping you from hitting a ten pound base other than possibly the internal frame which likely isn't even needed with that low base weight. There are just far li...

In GEAR » "Medium Light"
August 11, 8:38am

Re: "Why do we have to wait for gear?"
"As a person who has run a couple businesses - and currently works for a mom and pop organization as their sole employee in a company of 3 people- inventory management is very difficult, espec...

In GEAR » Why do we have to wait for gear?
August 10, 7:45pm

Very cool
Very creative way to have everyone get a bit of everything. Looks like you had great weather for the trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » Summer Vacation in the John Muir Wilderness with our four Girls
August 10, 9:30am

Re: Alternate Headband
"A popular "lightening" headband mod to the ZL is to replace the headband with a flat boot shoelace, a cordlock, and an elasticized "finger sleeve." Another option for ...

In GEAR » Cr123 batteries
August 10, 6:14am

An AT pack
As an earlier post suggested.... Don't let the AT intimidate you. It will be a series of say 3-5 day hikes depending on speed and resupply schedule. I would work to pare up your gear. Pare u...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Total pack volume for a couple doing the AT.
August 09, 6:47pm

Re: Total pack volume for a couple doing the AT.
"I have a Granite Gear Blaze (60L) and my wife has a TNF Casimir 36 (36L) giving us a total capacity of 96L. Since we will be sharing some equipment like the tent and stove, do we jointly have...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Total pack volume for a couple doing the AT.
August 09, 11:21am

Re: Heather & Josh
This is a quote from this article about Josh found here: http://mercyforanimals.org/veganhiker.aspx "Also, I am really lucky to have some support. A great lady who works for John named Tish...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Pacific Coast Trail Record
August 09, 8:29am

Re: GPS overestimates distance
"The way to calculate distance is to take a GPS track, analyze it on your PC removing any bogus points like clouds where you stop or any side trips off the trail. GPS tracks over-estimate d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Difference between map and trail distance?
August 09, 6:20am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.