Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 171 - 180 of 1463 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...147

Forum » Thread

Not yosemite
But if you enough time to get to the Onion Valley trailhead you could head into the heart of SEKI. But check the weather first. I have done fall trips out of yosemite valley via the JMT. You...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help with a quick Yosemite trip
October 19, 7:48pm

Another possibility
I have only had blisters on my toes when hiking on very dusty trail when my feet get covered in grit. In that case I have been able to avoid those blisters by keeping my feet cleaner.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to prevent blisters between my third and fourth toes...
October 12, 5:27am

Re: Re: Re: Let's hope things turn out as well for other hikers still out there
Colter, Great analogy about Andrea being the "worried PCT mom". I emailed a link to the journal linked above to a very experienced thru hiker. His response was "Is that a journal of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers in trouble on Pacific Crest Trail
October 10, 5:45pm

Re: Let's hope things turn out as well for other hikers still out there
Here's what Andrea Dinsmore said on the PCT-L. Words from a long time Trail Angel who has watched for years what can happen to late-season PCT hikers: I believe educating the PCT hikers on w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers in trouble on Pacific Crest Trail
October 10, 11:28am

Evil Malto
Will find a closed section of the AT this weekend to trail run in a show of civil disobedience. I am amazed at the level of stupidity of this whole thing. You go to the wilderness to escape stupi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » park closures... insanity... time for civil disobediance?
October 10, 9:22am

Re: Re: Tyvek or Laminated "Chemical Coveralls" as VBL???
"David, I guess you know that vapor barriers don't do that much good except in extremely cold environments (probably well below 0 F). Do you see much of that in Southern California?" ...

In GEAR » Tyvek or Laminated "Chemical Coveralls" as VBL???
October 09, 4:42pm

My doggie is R7.5

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY dog pad/ground blanket, advice requested on materials
October 08, 7:24pm

3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
Here we go again. This thread is for training related posts. There is a separate thread for the actual trip details. So lets hear it, need some inspirational training stories to get me motivated.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
October 06, 7:00pm

Close
I just made a new cuben shelter that is loosely a solomid with the net inner. That is exactly what I would take on MOST of the PCT. I would actually start with the "solomid" with a bivy...

In GEAR » Dream PCT shelter set up
October 06, 8:08am

Is it legal
In the national parks. I know BASE jumping isn't but how about this. Either way, it is super cool.

In Other Activities » Vol-Bivy in the Sierra
October 05, 6:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.