BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 171 - 180 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Golite SL2
I'm not why you don't want a trekking pole supported shelter, but my wife and I and our dog use our Golite Shangri-la 2 in the Winds, Beartooths, Absarokas, Tetons, etc. just like you and i...

In GEAR » Storm worthy 2-3 person tent
March 21, 9:27am

Wife's list
Here is the set up my wife and I share. We use this May-October in Wyoming with some slight modifications depending on conditions (warmer gloves, down sweater vest, short gaiters, etc.) ...

In Gear Lists » woman's list?
March 18, 10:32am

nice hip belt
I use an Osprey Talon 44. While there are lighter packs out there, and even newer and lighter packs from Osprey, I just can't give up on my Talon. It is comfortable and versatile. The most w...

In GEAR » UL packs with "real" hipbelts?
March 18, 10:14am

durability
I had a pair of Montrail Masochists last fall and I really liked them. I wore them right out of the box for a 34-mile end of the season trail run. Only bummer is that both shoes had seems that ha...

In GEAR » Getting rid of boots for trail runners????
March 18, 9:48am

R1 Hoody
I might be interested... can you post or email a couple pictures? How old is it? gabe.joyes@gmail.com

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia R1 Hoody. Black Small Mens $75
March 08, 9:29am

neither
Good luck mate! Happy camping!

In GEAR » perimeter netting vs bug bivy
March 04, 5:33pm

KISS
I try to remind myself to "Keep It Simple, Stupid" I don't always succeed, but here I feel like I have. Going with neiter is easy to try since you don't have to spend any cash. ...

March 04, 1:17pm

neither
My experience is that you don't really need either with a pyramid. If you have a good top vent, its easy to pitch close to the ground and still have ventilation and bugs generally stay out too...

March 03, 2:34pm

Golite SL1
Check out the Golite Shangri-La 1 in dark green. Better weight, space, and color than the MSR.

In GEAR » MSR E-House?
March 03, 2:13pm

awesome
Top notch as always, thanks for sharing.

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test: Nine Days in Parque National Los Glaciares, Argentina
March 01, 8:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am