Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeffrey Kuchera (frankenfeet) - BPL Guest

My Locale Great Lakes
About Me - Venture Crew Committee
- ME-GA 2005
- Ultralighter (sometimes)Heavy Hauler (sometimes)
- WFA & CPR trained
- Hiker Trash
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffrey Kuchera

Showing 171 - 180 of 511 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...52

Forum » Thread

Who would have thought?
Thanks Greg. This thread was very timely as I was just messing around with my Lair 1 and an MLD tarp here the last few weeks. Yeah both the BPL and the MLD methods work. After trying both methods i...

In Philosophy & Technique » Nano Tarp
May 06, 8:36pm

Nomex.
See my clickable above Rog.

In Make Your Own Gear » Crazy alcohol stove
May 06, 12:19am

Yup maybe this design is over pressurized a bit.
I am kind of siding with you and the rest here Rog. I mean pressurized alcohol stoves are cool and all but this one seems to have taken that good general concept to the point of riskiness the longe...

May 06, 12:09am

What temps are you chillin' out in anywho?
+1 Franco. What you have underneath you is just as important as that which is covering you. What kind of temps are you getting cold in anyways Rebecca?

In GEAR » Staying Warm
May 05, 11:59pm

Whoa.
I wish I could understand what that guy was saying. The thing does sound like a jet engine but it did appear to function safely. The person who made the video clearly had little concern over the sa...

May 05, 11:40pm

I have dreamed of this.
Lighweight beer. At last. Anybody dehydrate a whole pizza yet?

In Chaff » Pat's Backcountry Beer
May 05, 11:27pm

Exorcise your demons.
Two things really jump out and scream "exorcise me I am a weight demon!" They are the knife and the saw. They total close to 15 oz. Simply leave the saw at home and grab swiss arm classic...

In Gear Lists » Gettin close!
May 05, 10:16pm

Hot water bottle.
Fill a water bottle with boiling water and cuddle up with it in your sleeping bag. I usually carry a nalgene for this. I know nalgene bottles are heavy but the extra six ounces is a concession that...

In GEAR » Staying Warm
May 05, 9:58pm

Another fresh idea.
Mark Hurd scores points for foraging and dirtbagging. Really nice original idea man. I love the creativity and simplicity.

In GEAR » Packing Tent Stakes.
May 05, 9:29pm

Well Done.
Well done Bradford it sounds like you have all the necessary items to expedite reentry into civilization in the course of an emergency. You and a couple others have mentioned carrying an insurance ...

In GEAR » car keys
May 05, 11:44am

All Reader Reviews by Jeffrey Kuchera

Jeffrey Kuchera has posted no reviews.