BPL Community Profile

Frank Perkins (fperkins) - BPL Guest

My Locale North East
About Me Click on my website to my gear list: http://www.fperkins.com/backpacking/my-ultralight-backpacking-gear-list.php
StateConnecticut
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/67xjoa
My PDF Gear List3 season gear list.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Frank Perkins

Showing 171 - 180 of 295 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: replacing windshirt w/ Isotope
That's a good point. I ready someone *was* going to do it... but has anyone actually done it with success?

In GEAR » Opinions of the OR Zealot jacket
January 05, 6:20pm

FS: Patagonia Spraymaster M's L
This item is now on ebay. Thanks for looking!

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Spraymaster M's L
January 04, 7:17am

Re: Re: Opinions of the OR Zealot jacket
If you're going to go for the lightest possible rain jacket, then it makes sense to at least try the SD Isotope. With my own gear list, I can save 10.6 ounces by replacing my Patagonia Houdini...

In GEAR » Opinions of the OR Zealot jacket
January 04, 6:29am

Re: "Continue with BPL Membership?"
I started a developing an application that would allow you to enter all your gear and then dynamically create gear lists from it. Alas, I haven't had the time to complete it, but if I do, it w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Continue with BPL Membership?
January 03, 6:11pm

Re: Re: anything more compressible then WM summerlite
Steven, The ARC A.T. is rated at 40 degrees. With a down inner jacket, would you say it matches a Summerlite's comfort [who's rating is 32]? Thanks

In GEAR » anything more compressible then WM summerlite?
January 03, 6:26am

Re: golfsmith shaft
Anyone ever use these shafts to make hiking poles? Only 54g. Do you think they would be too light [if there is such a thing] http://www.golfsmith.com/products/1907W and on sale for 16 a piece....

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Trekking pole
January 02, 1:02pm

Re: two words
I 2nd Grahamn. Sticky threads would make a world of difference. Then, each forum category could have it's own FAQ. Maybe we would call them Carbon Fiber Threads though.

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 02, 11:33am

Re: Re: "Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site""
I agree with David. The websites I work on get over a million page views a day and we partner with another company to host and moderate the forums. This is what backpacker.com just did, although,...

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 01, 8:51pm

Re: My gear list(s): will all of it fit into golite ion?
You can create a very rough simulation of the ion by using an old garbage bag, some math and duct tape. Check this out: click here

In Gear Lists » My gear list(s): will all of it fit into golite ion?
January 01, 8:47pm

Re: Re: Simulating Pack size
Thanks for the help Aaron, I think Ill do this: Ill create a 10 inch diameter circle and then create a rectangular piece of 31.4 * 28 This would give me 5^2 * 3.14 * 28 = 2198cl Thanks,...

In GEAR » Simulating Pack size
January 01, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Frank Perkins

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia
My R1 hoody stitching started to fall apart and they took back the old one and sent me a brand new one. I also had a rip in my micropuff vest when my waist cinch cord ripped out. Again, no proble...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 15, 7:53pm

Backcountry.com
Never had an issue with them so they get a 5

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 1:08pm

Taco Bell Spork
I recently used the TacoHell spork on a recent 3 person trip. I had titanium spoon, but my brother and cousin did not and this was a free and light alternative. Unfortunately, two of the sporks brok...

In Cookware - Other
January 08, 12:41pm