BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 171 - 180 of 572 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: feet
" , ditch those Drymax socks. Synthetic can be a killer, especially if it has some kind of treatment, whether antimicrobial or hydrophobic. Treated, synthetic socks make my feet blister--and I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 28, 9:05pm

Re: river speed
i have gps'd the speed of rivers, and it seems to me that a full 3mph is moving along just fine (i'm mostly just a floater). a 3mph landing is moving pretty good too. the cool thing abou...

In Packrafting » Packraft Trip Planning
August 28, 1:47pm

Re: Moose
" We see the tragic consequences of this with examples like the embattled Bathurst Caribou Herd (down 90% in the last 2 decades from ~350,000 animals to 30,000 and on the other hand we exp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » polar bears
August 26, 10:45pm

Re: How long do packrafts last?
" if you're not sure if you'll need a drysuit, you shouldn't be getting into water where you might need a drysuit. " ohh .. so completely true. you can dumb float (like...

In Packrafting » How long do packrafts last?
August 25, 4:58pm

Re: Re: Fire
so, if in the 25 yrs since it last burned, and that 1987 was FAR to long in coming and it killed a lot of the trees, then what else will be there besides "undergrowth". it can't all b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 25, 1:06pm

Re: how did this happen?
" Is this normal or caused the by the forest service putting out too many fires and not lighting enough control fires to prevent tinder buildup? " the acerage is ok, it's the inten...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 24, 5:21pm

Re: Getting ciagarette smell out of tent
it may not have been smoked "in". i bought a very nice Simpson voltmeter off ebay from a fellow that rebuilds them (the meter works great) but apparently he smokes like a locomotive. the ...

In GEAR » Getting ciagarette smell out of tent
August 24, 7:42am

Re: Re: Re: "New REI warranty, few questions about it......"
" what exactly am I getting for that $20 " ? a 10% kickback, every year, for a very long time. excellent service from people who if not the world's most knowledgable in your par...

In GEAR » New REI warranty, few questions about it......
August 22, 7:01pm

Re: How much money have you spent in the last 5 years on gear?
" Ye Gods and Little Fishes! That’s 2,690 clams! " so .. only about as much as the cheapie model kayak from FeatherCraft ?? 2x yes on the "i should have studied and waited...

In GEAR » How much money have you spent in the last 5 years on gear?
August 20, 12:32pm

Re: Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
bear spray (the regular size 8.1oz unit),and attitude. if the animal will not back off within a reasonable time (be patient), walk directly on over, and spray the beast. is should leave. if a b...

In GEAR » Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
August 20, 12:28pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm