BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 171 - 180 of 593 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Big Agnes Scout UL2
i like the inside rear pole. it keeps "her" over on "her side", which, is where they belong. i go into a tent to sleep. so i'm thinking one of these tents could be a Good T...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Scout UL2
September 27, 10:19pm

peter holds forth of foot care
we all on occasion find a need to patch our or somebody else's feets. a bit of Tincture of Benzion comes much handy to help expensive tapes adhere. how to carry it is a question, and i have f...

In GEAR » Foot care kit, need help.
September 27, 10:09pm

Re: Leuko vs Transpore.
" Always curious why Leukotape is the hands-down (or is that 'foot-down') favorite? " well ... because it sticks great. and since it stretches far less in the long direction (c...

September 27, 10:00pm

Foot Care : ALL that one needs knowing.
i found this gem during research on foot tapes. it is, in my humble op, the fullest and best resource avail on caring for feets. http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Taping tape? technique ? comparisons o...

September 27, 9:52pm

Re: how to fix a really bad sleeping bag zipper snag
that is a nasty thing you've got there. the material is not only stuck, it is wrapped all around THRU the teeth. yikes .... if you can grip all three pieces (left/right/ and liner) in a vise...

In GEAR » how to fix a really bad sleeping bag zipper snag
September 27, 7:22am

Re: Columbia and Western: Castlegar to Christina Lake
god, i love Canada. that said, detailed signage to find their trails seems to be a cultural lackness ... no problems , eh ? you'll find it straight away. cheery bob. and good luck ! bu...

In Editor's Roundtable » Columbia and Western: Castlegar to Christina Lake
September 25, 10:11am

trekking poles and talus.
poles and rocks are indeed a poor combination. if you use poles, you will invariably commit weight to them, and then they'll slip out, and down thee whilst go. they are nice to have though, if...

In Editor's Roundtable » Techniques for Talus
September 24, 10:56pm

Re: The lightest wood burning stove on the planet
" I need to try KickStarter... " well .. uhh ... ya ... sure ! i can not help to notice that our David's built a very nice look'n rig, and sans kickstart too. why is the ks ...

In GEAR » New Wood Burning Stove that is super light.
September 21, 1:41pm

Re: New Wood Burning Stove that is super light.
interesting little stove. i especially liked the way they found the most Absolutely Optimal wood to feed it.

In GEAR » New Wood Burning Stove that is super light.
September 20, 10:22pm

Re: sleeping bag question
the weight and quality and intended usage of the bag sometimes also relates to the weight of the materials used in it. along those lines, a very lightweight material used to line a bag will feel w...

In GEAR » sleeping bag question
September 20, 7:37am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm