BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Guest

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 171 - 180 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

heights
I used to be terrified of heights- was even nervous for other people around edges... but agree with Doug that: "in the end, I think controlling fear is about putting yourself in those situa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Scared of Heights?
December 10, 2:20am

Thanks
Thank you for the great replies Chris and David- I think I'm sold...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paramo Waterproof Directional Clothing
December 05, 9:16am

Paramo Questions...
The stated performance (maximum breakability with excellent weather protection) appears to be the manifestation of all of the “softshell” claims that caused me to get a closet full of Epic, Pow...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paramo Waterproof Directional Clothing
December 05, 4:02am

glove liners
I have different types of Windstopper gloves. Some are very thin- not so much fleece as close-fitting, nylon gloves (Manzella Silkweight). These do not insulate very much, but block wind for high-e...

In GEAR » Why windstopper for liner gloves?
December 02, 11:36pm

Weight comparisons
Good replies... Because I have the cams and a digital scale here are some weight comparisons for cams of the same range: Red #1 Black Diamond C4: 136g Red #1 Black Diamond Camalot: 158g G...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Friends and nuts...
November 26, 1:25pm

equinox bivy
According to the manufacturers website it has a hood: http://www.equinoxltd.com/the-gear/tarps-and-bivis-and-ground-cloths/sprawler-ultralite-bivi.cfm I have used the old rectangular, non-hoo...

In GEAR » equinox bivy
November 26, 5:16am

some thoughts
There are a lot of options out there, making the decision a difficult one, but I suppose the first choice most make is whether to buy down or synthetic. I rarely go out for more than 4 days in the ...

In GEAR » Help with Winter Hiking Jacket/Coat
November 20, 12:12pm

endurance bivy
I too am interested in the Rab Endurance overbag due to weight, price and the side zipper. Have you seen the BPL review of IDs Endurance Bivy from 2002? The review states of the fabric: "T...

In GEAR » Pertex Endurance
November 13, 2:49pm

phd
The Meltdown is seriously puffy- so much so that you might have issues wearing one inside a sleeping bag... is that thing really 17 ounces? Personally, I need a hood on my winter parka, but if t...

In GEAR » "Light winter" down jackets
October 31, 11:04pm

aarn
I only have a Peak Aspiration, and so can only comment on that specific model. Like Mchale and Dana Gleason, Aarn packs appears to believe that a slightly heavier pack that carries well equates ...

In GEAR » aarn packs
October 18, 2:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.