BPL Community Profile

Evan McCarthy (evanrussia) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Europe
About Me Expat UL backpacker living in Riga and exploring Northern Europe's trail and forests.
CityRiga
StateRiga
CountryLatvia
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/evankylemccarthy
My PDF Gear ListGear List for June-July Kungsleden

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Evan McCarthy

Showing 171 - 180 of 391 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...40

Forum » Thread

Custom Bivy
I know for certain that Ron at MLD can custom make you a shorter UL bivy, as could several other folks.

In GEAR » Designing a couple of Bivy sacks
July 22, 9:26am

Re: Need Help: Eating Schedule
I should have said this originally when I brought this up: for some reason, I rarely feel hungry (whether siting at work or hiking on the trail). This has created some not ideal hiking scenarios ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Need Help: Eating Schedule
July 21, 11:21am

It happens right here too
Yosemite http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/07/20/MN0H1KCRAP.DTL

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water Came Fast and Furious and Guaranteed a Tragic End to Crossers
July 21, 8:39am

Amazon reviews
I jumped on Amazon.com to order a pair and noticed quite a few poor customer reviews for the quality and durability of the shoe, many suggesting it was far below standard for NB.

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance MT814OD Review
July 21, 7:21am

Need Help: Eating Schedule
I think I do okay on this front but I'm always tweaking and trying to find new ways (and foods) for trail nutrition. What do you eat/drink and when do you do it? For the sake of this exampl...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Need Help: Eating Schedule
July 21, 7:16am

Awesome ideas!
+1 to everything Chris and Doug muse about above. The content on BPL is great but there is no stopping it from getting better.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 20, 2:59pm

How about one PA's fine backpacking trails?
Hi Nick, PA has a ton of great backpacking trails which will get you (for the most part) away from crowds and campsites. The Black Forest Trail, Loyalsock Trail, and others would give you just ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Allegheny National Forest, PA.
July 20, 2:51pm

Re: I might not renew
Raising an interesting question: what would the half-life be on a half-LIFE membership?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 20, 1:49pm

I like my chicken legs
But then again, I'm far, far from a big guy.

In GEAR » Need some wardrobe advice from bigger guys...
July 20, 9:01am

Of Two Minds
Even in the height of summer heat here in Virginia, I choose between a 150 weight Icebreaker GT (with a weensy bit o spandex mixed in with the wool) and Capilene 1. The wool gets damp with your sw...

In GEAR » best heat/ summer shirt?
July 19, 7:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Evan McCarthy

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Nunatak Arc Edge
I was dubious about an 11 oz. quilt that keeps you warm when pushing it -- but I just go back from an outing with the Arc Edge down to high 30s even (not quite expected) and found the quilt and Nunata...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
April 17, 6:48pm