Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 171 - 180 of 490 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Fire-starting supplies in a carry-on bag?
I would be surprised if there was a problem. Airline regulations have surprised me in the past however. The Spark-Lite should be fine because it is not flammable or pointy. The Tinder-Quik tabs are...

In GEAR » Fire-starting supplies in a carry-on bag?
February 20, 10:54pm

Re: are straps necessary on a quilt?
I have 2 No Sniveller quilts. In my hammock drafts are not a problem. I can move around and the quilt just works. When I sleep on the ground drafts can be a problem. The No Sniveller doesn't ha...

In GEAR » are straps necessary on a quilt?
February 20, 10:30pm

Re: Down v Synthetic
Wayne, check out the following article Drying Characteristics of Select Lightweight Down and Synthetic Insulated Tops. While the results of the experiment may not apply to sleeping bags and may dep...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering Versalite and condensation
February 19, 6:12pm

Re: Re: Heated hydration systems
I totally agree about evacuating the tube and mouth piece. In my mind, the insulation is primarily there for when you are drinking. I just don't know how to quantify its effect. As you are drin...

In GEAR » Heated hydration systems
February 16, 2:30pm

Re: Heated hydration systems
I don't know about the heated systems you mention but insulating the tube with Aerogel could work as an alternative to fiberfill. It wouldn't compress like the fiberfill insulation would. I...

In GEAR » Heated hydration systems
February 16, 1:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Winter Sleeping System?
Chadn, I agree with you on pad width. I have the same pad as you for that reason. I understand that you have the Prolite 4 and not the Prolite 3, is that correct? In either case I think you will ne...

In GEAR » Winter Sleeping System?
February 15, 3:04pm

Re: Arrowhead 135 Winter Race
Wow! Thanks for the report Alec. My experience in the winter is limited. I have really appreciate being able to follow your preparations for this race. You have taught me a lot. It was great to hea...

In Post-Trip Reports » Arrowhead 135 Winter Race
February 12, 2:52pm

Re: Re: Base Layer
I could be wrong but I think Ibex is the only top tier manufacturer using 17.5 micron merino. I have an Ibex polo made of it that I love. I'm wearing it in my avatar picture.

In GEAR » Base Layer
February 09, 3:16pm

Re: Base Layer
Wayne, I wear wool all year long and have done so for years now. Wool is not just for cold weather. In my opinion, my Ibex wool polo shirts perform better than cotton in the heat. My 3 season base ...

In GEAR » Base Layer
February 09, 9:49am

Re: Flame Resistant Cozy Insulation
Thanks for the link! This may just be exactly what I want for a cozy. Lets us know when you've had a chance to experiment with your samples.

In Make Your Own Gear » How to make a flux ring?
February 09, 9:00am

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm