Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 171 - 180 of 8192 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Exped 25 straps
"I'm thinking I may mod the straps with a little CCF. " You could take a seam ripper to the binding on the outer edge, open it enough to add the CCF and then re-sew.

In GEAR » Exped Summit Lite 25 Backpack: Golite Ion Replacement?
June 30, 10:59am

Re: UL Fail
I saw that. Covers stupid journalism rather than stupid light. "Gee, I left ALL my gear at home and it didn't work." Duh. What they need is a good natural toilet paper article :)

In On the Web » UL Fail
June 30, 9:56am

CLAIMED: Free to kids or Earth supporting organizations: a herd of 7 water bottles (you pay shipping)
Claimed by Jeff: free to any kids organization or those that support the environment, trails, etc: a herd of seven BPA free water bottles from CamelBak, Nalgene and Ultimate Direction. You pay the ...

In Gear Swap » Free to kids oe Earth supporting organizations: a herd of 7 water bottles (you pay shipping)
June 30, 9:50am

FS: Water bottles, thermal flasks, liquor flasks, teapot, etc
Updates, changes, revisions and new photos.

In Gear Swap » FS: Water bottles, thermal flasks, liquor flasks, teapot, etc
June 30, 9:45am

Re: Exped 25 SUL kit
Sam, yes that is the sort of SUL kit I had in mind. I like the photos with a text list---- it quantifies it so well. The Smartwater bottle is a perfect paring with that stretch pocket So how are...

June 30, 9:00am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Possible downsides to my way cheaper underquilt idea??
Got it. A sleeping bag would be way heavy as bottom insulation. The problem is to the insulation up on the sides and keep it there. It needs rigging and shaping to do that. I saw some twin size...

In Hammocks » Possible downsides to my way cheaper underquilt idea??
June 29, 11:46pm

Re: Thsnks for.the info..
My pleasure. The bungee cord is in place--- simple, added 6g. I would totally fold my small Prolite for a back pad in a SUL overnight setup. Add Gatewood cape, summer quilt, 400ml mug & Esb...

June 29, 11:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Possible downsides to my way cheaper underquilt idea??
"If I slipped the pad and bag in the eno at a diagonal, wouldn't there be a way to hang the eno to where my body wouldnt compress anything but still allow everything to be snuggly fit?&quo...

June 29, 10:56pm

Re: Thanks for that mini review
"a)Does the hydration sleeve span the full length and width of the back panel except at.the very top?" Note the second photo. The sleeve is full width at ~11" and 14" tall on...

June 29, 10:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Possible downsides to my way cheaper underquilt idea??
"Awesome! You were speaking of summer temps, you think this same idea would work well in winter temps too?" No. But an undercover coupled with an underquilt will add warmth. Think of t...

June 29, 10:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.