BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 171 - 180 of 7393 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...740

Forum » Thread

Re: Wonderland Trail - Mowich to Longmire Shuttle
Mowich is a long ways in on its own road and that shuttle is about 85 miles. You might check on the forums on nwhikers.net. The mountain guide services may have some options for climbers going up o...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wonderland Trail - Mowich to Longmire Shuttle
May 19, 9:21am

Re: Why the obsession over sleeping bag/quilt warmth but not sleeping pad warmth?
Good question! It is kinda loose, like not including trekking poles in your base weight (looks at ground, clears throat). My thoughts on the phenomenon: A basic pad covers most three season ...

In GEAR » Why the obsession over sleeping bag/quilt warmth but not sleeping pad warmth?
May 19, 8:55am

Re: Backpacking Pots for Boy Scouts
Olicamp makes the Space Saver hard anodized aluminum pots that fit on a Nalgene and weigh just a bit more than a comparable size Ti pot. They are about $13 on eBay. Walmart has cheap stainless ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backpacking Pots for Boy Scouts
May 18, 8:26pm

Re: Bear Bagging Throw Rope - Custom Bag for Amsteel Rope
Amsteel is strong but it will snag badly as a bear rope. Consider using arborist's throwing line like Zing It.

In Philmont » Bear Bagging Throw Rope - Custom Bag for Amsteel Rope
May 17, 9:54am

Re: poncho
Froggs Toggs ponchos aren't cut for backpacking. Stadium and fishing stuff IMHO. A true backpacking poncho should be about 14" longer in the rear and should have some means of tucking up t...

In GEAR » The never ending search for alternative rain gear
May 16, 11:38am

Re: lightweight lid for mug
The Evernew 400ml Ti mug with lid is 80g. The REI version I have measures ~80mm, so the lid is too small for your Snowpeak.

In GEAR » lightweight lid for mug
May 16, 10:54am

Re: Have you ever saved someone's life?
I was a crisis intervention volunteer in the early 1970's. We worked though a social service agency serving teenagers and young adults doing outreach for drug overdoses and bad trips, suicides,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have you ever saved someone's life?
May 16, 10:33am

Re: "How much time do you need outside? Overnight, week(s), month(s), .. more?
I did a lot of day hikes last summer, which was fine. I was looking for conditioning and I got it! I'm fortunate to live on the doorstep to the Cascades and Olympics. I can be on the PCT in...

In Philosophy & Technique » How much time do you need outside? Overnight, week(s), month(s), .. more?
May 15, 1:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Conscious gear buyer
Unintentional hypermaterialism.

In GEAR » Conscious gear buyer
May 14, 9:55am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » PIF: Books: Mount St. Helens Falcon Guide & Day Hike! Mount Rainer
May 13, 7:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.