Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 171 - 180 of 7913 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...792

Forum » Thread

Re: Layering System for Those Who Sweat a Lot????
Don't overdress, use synthetic insulation and well ventilated shells and carry a spare base layer. Nothing is better than peeling off a sopping layer and putting on a dry one. Of course in hot ...

In GEAR » Layering System for Those Who Sweat a Lot????
February 17, 10:45am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: There is always the quilt
I like the tights idea. I bought some for biking and Ive been eyeing them for hiking, like UL soft shells. I think they would rock with chaps. Bladders for pillows are much improved with a fabr...

In Gear Lists » Can I get away without a mid layer for the CT?
February 17, 10:29am

Re: Re: Re: There is always the quilt
You might not be able to hike to generate the heat, like ducking a lightning storm or due to injury. Those are examples of the "spiraling screw up" hiking disasters. All is fine and well ...

February 17, 10:15am

Re: There is always the quilt
Bad plan, proven by many disasterous accounts. When things get bad, they spiral. I say play the movie backwards: "well yah, there this big storm and I got soaked and my quilt did too and I dec...

February 17, 9:56am

Re: 0212
Yup. That and the style number and details indicate that it is the current model and not as breathable--- about 5cfm, which is still a step up from the Pertex models that are under 1cfm. See ht...

In Gear Swap » fs Patagonia HOUDINI 2012 version, NEW with Tags
February 17, 9:34am

Re: Can I get away without a mid layer for the CT?
I would carry a puffy vest at minimum. My Patagonia Micro Puff vest is 7.2oz. Fleece-wise a military R1 style top is 10.4oz. I'm sure you can find a down vest that is lighter. Spare insulat...

February 17, 9:26am

Re: logo on back
That is the latest style. The previous style number was 24017.

February 17, 9:08am

Re: fs Patagonia HOUDINI 2012 version, NEW with Tags
There is a date in the style number on the tag, like 24014FA2012--- fall of 2012 in this example. The newer, less breathable style has the pocket flap and a one piece back yoke. The later breathabl...

February 17, 8:52am

re: Darth Vader?
" what is the Darth Vader test?" Trapping a section of fabric against your mouth and attempting to breathe through it. It's a great way to test fabric breathability in the store, h...

In GEAR » New Zpacks hooded windshirt
February 16, 11:26pm

Re: Apples and apples comparisons
Conditions and the user can make some differences in the effectiveness of these less-than-breathable windshirts. A hike on near level ground in cold dry conditions is a different thing than miles o...

In GEAR » New Zpacks hooded windshirt
February 16, 4:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.