Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 171 - 180 of 7819 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...782

Forum » Thread

Re: Ran into a lost hiker...
The Mountaineers sometimes use perquisites or leader permission for going on group hikes. I'm not a group or "clubby" sort for many reasons, but their methods are built around avoidin...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ran into a lost hiker...
January 21, 2:51pm

Re: Something to add to pasta
Yeah! Olive oil, Parmesan, pine nuts, chopped salami, kalamata olives, dehydrated onion and garlic, dried basil or capers would all make pasta interesting--- not necessarily all at once. Tossed wit...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Something to add to pasta
January 21, 12:05am

Re: thermos
I like the Timolino mug which is a tall cylinder with a three-part plastic cap (http://www.timolino.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VMB-25TGPB) . You remove the top to drink and the bottom half ...

In Winter Hiking » thermos
January 20, 11:51pm

Re: alternative to Ex Officio Nomad pants for small women?
Columbia PFG Aruba pants might work: http://www.columbia.com/womens-pfg-aruba-roll-up-pant-FL8070.html?cgid=women-bottoms-performanceActive&dwvar_FL8070_variationColor=160#start=7

In GEAR » alternative to Ex Officio Nomad pants for small women?
January 20, 2:13pm

Re: cheap-o
That's what I would do. A light base layer plus something like a wind jacket like the ones by Nike, Brooks and other sports lines would hold in a little heat and look neat and trim. Discounters...

In GEAR » Appropriate jackets for the office?
January 20, 1:57pm

Re: Re: Re: How tall
When looking at that floor plan view, keep in mind that the sides are sloping straight up to 45" in roughly half that 8'9" length with no "bow" in the panel. Although it is...

In GEAR » SMD Gatewood Cape Questions
January 19, 10:35am

Re: How tall
i don't think the Gatewood will work for someone 6'4". It is a minimalist shelter to sure. It's too bad they don't make a long version.

January 19, 9:46am

Re: UL rain jacket with pockets?
Marmot Mica? Wear a poncho and have access to all your other pockets?

In GEAR » UL rain jacket with pockets?
January 18, 3:39pm

Re: Re: SMD Gatewood Cape Questions
"I love side-entry shelters (easier entry and easier on my knees)" And you can fold the doors back for ventilation, the view, cooking etc. I forgot to mention the volume of hand-dandy ...

January 18, 3:31pm

Re: Interest register in new outdoor product
Clever! My first impression is that I can buy a very decent folding bike in that price range and get far more range and speed for the price. For $1000, it should dispense Ben and Jerry'...

In Gear Deals » Interest register in new outdoor product
January 18, 3:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.