BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 171 - 180 of 7170 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...717

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Knife sharpeners
I don't carry a sharpener often, but here ate the two I would consider. The top one is 2.5" x .75" and 13g. I can't remember the brand. It is fairly course and has a groove for s...

In GEAR » Knife sharpeners
March 07, 5:18pm

Re: WTB or FS: just 1 CF hiking pole
Want sell the broken one?

In Gear Swap » WTB or FS: just 1 CF hiking pole
March 07, 11:35am

Re: Target underwear
They have longer/shorter boxers and the fabric weights can vary too. The longer ones I have are thicker as well. This stuff changes like the wind, so an in person purchase would be good.

In GEAR » Target underwear
March 07, 10:32am

Re: Knife sharpeners
You can get smaller, lighter "credit card" style sharpeners. The Lansky Dog Bone mini ceramic sharpener has worked for me.

In GEAR » Knife sharpeners
March 06, 11:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Update
Excellent idea, running it behind your hip belt. I'll keep that in mind.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacks and Dogs
March 06, 10:36pm

Re: Hangers show me your suspension hardware please ;-)
It's tree straps, Camp Nano 23 carabiners and whoopie slings directly attached to the hammock for me.

In GEAR » Hangers show me your suspension hardware please ;-)
March 06, 10:29pm

Re: Update
A webbing belt may be more comfortable than 4mm line in the summer when you have fewer layers on. Glad to hear my single pole strategy works for you. Managing dog, terrain, brush and two poles is q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacks and Dogs
March 06, 10:05pm

Re: 3M Sunglasses
I had to try a pair and received them today. They are perfectly acceptable sunglasses! Now I have to find a pair with reading bifocals so I can read maps and electronics without swapping them. Nice...

In GEAR » UL Sunglasses
March 06, 5:09pm

Re: If the demand is there.....
My Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat is the epitome of functional dorkinality.

In GEAR » ZPacks™ Pointy Hat
March 06, 11:20am

Re: Last price drop before Ebay
We use this tent for 2 person trips and with a dog too. Lots of living space, excellent ventilation and insect protection good views out the front, easy to pitch. Really excellent for a tall person.

In Gear Swap » MSR Missing Link FS $150
March 06, 10:52am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.