Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 171 - 180 of 8043 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...805

Forum » Thread

Re: Not nearly STUPID enough! Sub 1oz Pack?
Make a string style pack using Cuben cloth and Spectra cord, grosgrain ribbon etc. A Cuben haversack/messenger bag has crossed my mind---just one strap and a bottle could be carried on the strap. ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Not nearly STUPID enough! Sub 1oz Pack?
April 22, 3:11pm

Re: public transport to Cascade Locks?
Check this out: http://www.oregonhikers.org/field_guide/Public_Transportation I'm planning on going on as many "hybrid" trips as possible this year using mass transit, bike and hik...

In Pre-Trip Planning » public transport to Cascade Locks?
April 21, 3:24pm

SOLD: 2011 Patagonia Houdini Windshirt Women's XS, Light Blue
Sold to John Z: a 2011 Patagonia Houdini windshirt. It is a women's XS size, measuring 18" across the armpits, 25" from the base of the hood to the tail and 33" from the center o...

In Gear Swap » FS: 2011 Patagonia Houdini Windshirt Women's XS, Light Blue
April 20, 6:53pm

Re: Re: Is a bucket/basin worthwhile
+1 on the milk jug bottom. Very multi-use and recyled and can be recyled after. Its pretty easy to fill it with odds and ends so it doesnt take space in your pack. The 1/2 gallon size fits around a...

In GEAR » Is a bucket/basin worthwhile for personal hygiene on trips more than a couple of days?
April 19, 11:13am

Re: Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack
I use a Granite Gear Air compression sack if I must when volume is an issue. I like the Sea to Summit roll-top stuff sack for less compression and I do use a trash compactor bag for a pack liner.

In GEAR » Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack
April 18, 10:09am

Re: What do you use to carry food?
I use a large black GoLite LandLubber silnylon stuff sack, measuring roughly 16"x17" and weighs 1oz. Official specs rate it at 16 liters. I use 50' of Zing-It arborist's line, a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use to carry food?
April 18, 10:05am

Re: stuff and electronics
Chosen wisely with discretion, electronics can be the ultimate multi-use gear. My smart phone is word processor, email and internet terminal, camera, book, game board, GPS--- and I can make phone c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the opposite of ultralight
April 16, 11:20am

Re: Is it even possible to stay dry in a rain forest? Should I just give up?
Not really, but you have to try. Hypothermia is mean. Get synthetc everything. And a hammock with an integrated bug screen. A Hennesy or Warbonnet with tarp is a well ventilated double wall she...

In GEAR » Is it even possible to stay dry in a rain forest? Should I just give up?
April 16, 10:58am

Re: Rain jacket for Wa. Pct
Ponnnnnncho! That will keep your pack dry and most of your legs. It could rain a lot--- or very little, so be prepared with something you can wear for days. If there are long hours of drizzle and c...

In GEAR » Rain jacket for Wa. Pct
April 15, 9:58pm

Re: Best aluminum flick-lock hiking poles? Al versus Carbon for shelter support & field repair
Any of the Black Diamond flick locks will work. Pick your handle preference and budget needs. The less expensive models have a spring pin on the lower section rather than a flick lock. You need tob...

In GEAR » Best aluminum flick-lock hiking poles? Al versus Carbon for shelter support & field repair
April 13, 10:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.