BPL Community Profile

Devin Montgomery (dsmontgomery) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale one snowball away from big trouble
About Me Hiker, rower, bicyclist. I go light because I'd rather feel like a guy walking in the woods than a pack-mule hauling a load. Now the maker of the Backcountry Boiler, undeniably the baddest way to heat water on the planet.
CityPittsburgh
StatePA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://theboilerwerks.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Devin Montgomery

Showing 171 - 180 of 493 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: In!
Done! Thanks!

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations
March 08, 8:02pm

Re: Re: Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations
Thanks Kris and Doug! I really am going to have my work cut out for me!

March 08, 7:49pm

Re: WTB: CURTIS RAFT or similar
Hey Chad, Check out flyweightdesigns.com for info on a 2 lb 3 oz Curtis-style raft that's currently in development. It looks like the designer has also posted some info at NWHikers.net. I fe...

In Gear Swap » WTB: CURTIS RAFT or similar
March 08, 7:08pm

Re: Another signup
Thanks Jim! You're added. I'll see if I can fill yours with helium to match your balloons and pack frame. :)

March 08, 12:38pm

Re: Re: go away for a week and you miss everything.
Thanks Todd! Got ya. Konrad - I will definitely look into hard anodizing after the first batch is off. Doing one at a time would be very expensive (something on the order of doubling the price o...

March 08, 6:47am

Re: Re: Re: go away for a week and you miss everything.
Roger - As wonderful as a bright pink boiler would be, I'm only considering the latter. :) When I called a local shop, they said they were concerned that the higher voltages of hard anodizin...

March 07, 3:45pm

Re: me too please
Thanks Konrad! You are now among the early adopters. :)

March 07, 2:44pm

Re: Re: Im in!
You're added, Mori. Thanks!

March 07, 9:12am

Re: As promised, Mark II
Very cool, I generally stick to instant on the trail. This is far more sophisticated. :) If you're looking for a lighter replacement for the rod, check mcmaster.com. They have tubes up to 9/...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG SP 700 French Press, mark 1
March 06, 7:31pm

Re: go away for a week and you miss everything.
Thanks Javan! You're added. Tom - Cork, chain and bail: I think the final version will probably have a stopper (most likely food-grade silicone) so that the boiler can be used to carry water...

March 06, 4:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Devin Montgomery

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ultralight Designs Blue Mini
This is aluminum bottle based alcohol stove similar to the "gram weenie" by Whitebox. I bought the stove because of its simplicity and because I could quickly get it for a hike I was taking ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
September 04, 1:04pm

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
These have been around forever, and I think just about everyone has used them at one time or another. If you're an absolute novice, use them once: chugging the resulting antiseptic rinse is a rig...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 01, 12:44pm

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
My rating of five here is for the Chlorine Dioxide method of treatment, this is just the brand I happened to use. Ultra lightweight, kills most wee-beasties in 20 min, with 4 hrs kills the few ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 01, 12:24pm

MSR Whisperlight / Internationale
For years, this was the Model T of backpacking stoves, and for good reason. Runs on almost any fuel, easy and reliable to use in all conditions, "light" for traditional packing. Can accomo...

In Stoves - White Gas
May 01, 11:51am

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
After having my last rain jacket stolen out of my car right before a long river trip, I picked up a Precip on sale at the local outfitter. It was a good brand, waterproof, breathable, lightweight, and...

In Clothing - Raingear
April 29, 8:48pm

Snow Peak Trek 700
This was the first bit of gear that I bought in my lightweight conversion. Just under $30, plenty of capacity for solo camping (I never could finish a meal that filled it up),includes a lid that drai...

In Cookware - Titanium
April 29, 8:04pm