Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M G (drown) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Shenandoah
About Me Climber. caver. Cartographer. Have hiked, caved, climbed and mapped in Asia, N. & S. America.

Currently planning on 8 days in the upper Kern September 2014.A desert SW trip in May, ski touring in the Canadian Rockies in April and Costa Rican volcanoes in Feb.
CityWashington
StateDC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M G

Showing 171 - 180 of 584 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...59

Forum » Thread

Bob Open partners
I'd be interested in partnering with someone for a pedestrian (no raft) route.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
February 03, 2:49pm

Re: Taking care of gear
A $300 pack described by the manufacturer as designed for "climbing" should be able to withstand moderate abrasion with granite regardless of the care. It comes with the territory. Other...

In GEAR » Anyone used the same piece of cuben gear for more than one thru-hike?
February 02, 7:19pm

Re: Anyone used the same piece of cuben gear for more than one thru-hike?
My experience with a cuben pack is that near abrasive rock such as Granite it requires too much attention and care. After about 15 days ( about half off trail) in the Sierras my HMG pack was very b...

In GEAR » Anyone used the same piece of cuben gear for more than one thru-hike?
February 02, 6:25pm

Re: Re: What's in it?
Thanks Jennifer. I could not recall nor lookup either of these things. According to my fall spreadsheet weight was 26.5 OZ including straps. Stuffsack and storage sack are included but not at that ...

In Gear Swap » FS: EE Revelation X, 20F 2013 version
February 01, 3:40pm

Re: OR recap
"Miss Will's reviews on BPL." +1 I want that Montbell Ex Light Anorak

In GEAR » Outdoor retailer recap
January 31, 11:27pm

FS: EE Revelation X, 20F 2013 version
I have a Revelation X Quilt, 20F with 3oz of overstuffing. Size is 6'lenght and reg. width. Black inside, orange outside. The quilt was purchased May 2013 new from EE. It has been used a total ...

In Gear Swap » FS: EE Revelation X, 20F 2013 version
January 31, 11:03pm

Re: Hear ye, Hear ye, any interest in an east coast BPL G.G.G?
Registrar's update: So far we have 7 Confirmed attendees and 2 Maybe's Hope to see more folks there. Here is the registration site: http://tinyurl.com/ECGGGV1

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hear ye, Hear ye, any interest in an east coast BPL G.G.G?
January 31, 10:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Help me locate video
This is it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOM7Vd4wzBI&list=PL524A98B21FB551B8&index=5

In Post-Trip Reports » Help me locate video
January 30, 9:14pm

Re: Re: Help me locate video
Thanks for the suggestion Doug, It's not that one, nor is it this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoaAfZertzc It had a lot of stop motion time lapse footage.

January 30, 8:10pm

Help me locate video
I recently viewed a video that I think I found via BPL. It featured a compilation of very lovely footage of lighting effect, cloud formations, and stunning mountain scenery shot either on the CDT o...

January 30, 7:58pm

All Reader Reviews by M G

M G has posted no reviews.