BPL Community Profile

Drew Jay (drewjh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Coast
About Me Drew Jay has not added a biography yet.
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List2013 UL, M-SUL, & SUL lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Drew Jay

Showing 171 - 180 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Drafts
It's been mentioned, but the draft issue is easy to fix. Just slide your pad inside the top 1/2-2/3 of the quilt and adjust the straps so that the sides of the quilt tuck under the pad a few in...

In GEAR » Overnight testing experience with down quilt
March 22, 9:52pm

DAM
Thanks for the offer Joshua, but I paid $170 shipped for it last June and never used it, so I can't go that low...

In Gear Swap » Stephensons Warmlite DAM,Microburst,Montbell vest,Jacks r Better sleeves,Snowpeak ti frypan,Icebreakers,MSR etc
March 22, 12:28am

Isotope Nano
No pit zips on the Nano, it is a pretty minimalistic jacket. I posted a pic.

In Gear Swap » Stephensons Warmlite DAM,Microburst,Montbell vest,Jacks r Better sleeves,Snowpeak ti frypan,Icebreakers,MSR etc
March 21, 4:41pm

SOLD
Brand new never used Stephensons Warmlite DAM size 70, orange. Warmest, thickest, comfiest pad out there! $129 shipped SOLD Camp Tec Microburst inflator, orange, tested a few times but never ca...

March 21, 5:17am

Alternate "staking" for the Hexamid
This site was basically solid rock, stakes wouldn't penetrate at all:

In Gear Lists » PCT through hike list
March 17, 3:13am

Verto
My build is totally different so I'm not sure I can help much re. sizing, but it does sound like to me like the Verto will probably fit bigger in the chest/shoulders than the Houdini.

In GEAR » Current best Houdini alternative?
March 09, 6:59pm

North Face Verto
You might keep an eye open for the North Face Verto on sale, I snagged one last year for $64. It's a great jacket.

In GEAR » Current best Houdini alternative?
March 09, 6:42pm

Arc Blast
I think this would easily fit into an Arc Blast. I have a very similar gear in terms of volume and can fit it into my Arc with a BV450 no problem. The Bearikade is only a couple inches taller than ...

In GEAR » What pack do you recommend for this gear?
March 09, 2:01am

Re: the arc
"Im curious if you can loosen the arc of the rods to essentially straight?" I made this mistake the first day I carried my Arc last summer. It compromises the weight transfer. Once I t...

In GEAR » ZPacks Arc Blast - Preliminary Observations
March 08, 2:50am

Arc Blast report
So a long overdue report on my Arc Blast: I took it on a 3.5 day/3night 40 mile loop on the July 4th weekend. I made a typical rookie mistake and packed far too much food for what was originall...

In GEAR » new zpacks pack: the arc blast
July 26, 3:29am

All Reader Reviews by Drew Jay

Drew Jay has posted no reviews.