Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 171 - 180 of 402 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...41

Forum » Thread

porch?
I have used a sl-3 for the past two winters and I have found no need for a skirt. In fact, if you are expecting some heavy snow. I would dig a trench around the pyramid to give the snow somewhere t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Golite shangri-la 3 mods for snow.
October 26, 9:19pm

Season end report
Here are some observations and impressions after one season of SAR use. Time Frame: one 3-5 day cold case SAR per month. (May - Oct) Temp range: 29 F - 95 F. Weather: Clear to violent th...

In Make Your Own Gear » modular everything pack - SUH
October 26, 7:31am

I like it
Hi Dave, I like the simplicity of your design. If I ran the zippers 18" down each side - and meeting in the middle, I may have what I am looking for...full coverage, spin drift protection a...

In Make Your Own Gear » winter bivy challenge
October 25, 7:01pm

dog
Keith - I'm still finializing the design and will sew it when I get back from this weekends trip. (I should get some insights from the current one by then) Bob - ain't it the truth, but ...

October 21, 5:06am

bivy
you are right, he gets mad if I go down to the craft room. My job is to throw him the ball. :) Dave

October 19, 9:32pm

re: externals
I looked at a lot of packs before I modified and made my own. I used the kelty Cache Hauler frame and removed the shelf, cut it down, replaced the pins with alum bolts, and added a custom removable...

In GEAR » Going back to big packs
October 19, 7:20am

don't overlook externals
When you start carrying loads and the pack maufacturers are adding hoops and stays, the weight can exceed a good external. The ventilation and comfort can't be beat. I modified an external an...

In GEAR » Going back to big packs
October 19, 6:26am

kelty cashe hauler
This may be a good second if you can't find the DD. I have been using a modified one for the past year and really enjoy it's versatlilty. You can order the packbag also. I have used it in 9...

In Gear Swap » WTB Dana Design Exterior Frame Pack
October 18, 9:07pm

winter bivy challenge
First entry in my quest for the most versatile winter bivy is a hack job on a black diamond winter bivy. I added a foot box, 8 inch side walls and a breathable slippery top elongated to cover my fa...

October 18, 8:20pm

wow
very impressive. looks like you have plenty of room in there. Great design. you should sell them. Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my Dbl wall tent
October 18, 8:06pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am