November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 171 - 180 of 406 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...41

Forum » Thread

pack jumping
Daryl, You've invented a new sport - pack jumping - now everyone is going to copy your design. You just need a few mind numbed MTV'ers to be your test subjects. Seriously now, you ...

In Make Your Own Gear » One-Size-Fits-All Pack
November 05, 6:52am

good idea
Daryl, Since you are going to carry your sleeping pad anyway, why not put to work. It is a simple lightweight solution. Although I am partial to a modular (tube Or luxury lite), this seems like ...

In Make Your Own Gear » One-Size-Fits-All Pack
November 04, 4:30am

I have had no problems and I have been using them for years. You will get a little build-up, but I just scrape it off with a plastic knife and put it in the dishwasher. I do use a titanium pot thou...

In GEAR » Esbit Corrosive?
November 02, 9:06pm

Good thread.
My hiking style is always off trail, thus I carry more than the usual hiker. I have sewn small loops into the pockets of my hiking pants and everything I need is on a lanyard. Here is a page from t...

In GEAR » Survival Equipment
October 29, 5:45pm

I have used a sl-3 for the past two winters and I have found no need for a skirt. In fact, if you are expecting some heavy snow. I would dig a trench around the pyramid to give the snow somewhere t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Golite shangri-la 3 mods for snow.
October 26, 9:19pm

Season end report
Here are some observations and impressions after one season of SAR use. Time Frame: one 3-5 day cold case SAR per month. (May - Oct) Temp range: 29 F - 95 F. Weather: Clear to violent th...

In Make Your Own Gear » modular everything pack - SUH
October 26, 7:31am

I like it
Hi Dave, I like the simplicity of your design. If I ran the zippers 18" down each side - and meeting in the middle, I may have what I am looking for...full coverage, spin drift protection a...

In Make Your Own Gear » winter bivy challenge
October 25, 7:01pm

Keith - I'm still finializing the design and will sew it when I get back from this weekends trip. (I should get some insights from the current one by then) Bob - ain't it the truth, but ...

October 21, 5:06am

you are right, he gets mad if I go down to the craft room. My job is to throw him the ball. :) Dave

October 19, 9:32pm

re: externals
I looked at a lot of packs before I modified and made my own. I used the kelty Cache Hauler frame and removed the shelf, cut it down, replaced the pins with alum bolts, and added a custom removable...

In GEAR » Going back to big packs
October 19, 7:20am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am