Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 171 - 180 of 903 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: re: East Bay "non-trip" report
Stuart - my dad was an accountant, so I feel your pain! (and hers) As far as the snow in the neighborhood, that's not really a factor here in coastal CA, but at least we don't have the sno...

In Post-Trip Reports » East Bay "non-trip" report
March 12, 7:34pm

Re: re: East Bay "non-trip" report
Hi, Steve - The neighborhood was mostly not too noisy; it was the wind plus the nearby (6 blocks away) freeway, though there was the occasional hot-rodder on nearby streets. Funny, sitting out ...

March 12, 7:29pm

Acu-Rite thermometer: question
So last night I slept in the back yard and had this thermometer alongside (mostly sitting on top of a garden clog, sometime in the night it fell on the ground. In the morning it displayed a minimu...

In GEAR » Acu-Rite thermometer: question
March 12, 2:04pm

Re: Re: Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
In my limited experience, flax seems to work better than chia when the dish is a cooked one. Chia works great in a cold dish (chia puddings are a great backpacking dessert, as I found out last sum...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
March 12, 1:53pm

East Bay "non-trip" report
I was supposed to take a friend for two nights backpacking in Henry Coe last week, but when she backed out because of the rainy weather, I decided not to go on my own (being cold and damp with a fr...

March 12, 1:45pm

Re: Black bear climbs out to try and get hanging food
Looks like the bag was already shredded pretty thoroughly...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Black bear climbs out to try and get hanging food
March 10, 7:12pm

Re: "Pilgrimage" trails in the USA
I happened upon a small portion of this trail in my own backyard (well, almost) recently, where it crossed a trail I occasionally hike on nearby water district land: http://www.anzahistorictrail...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking and wild camping in Europe: Legal aspects
March 10, 3:20pm

Re: I Thought I've seen something like this...
Yep, that's a Luxurylite. A similar, more minimalist approach is Daryl Daryl's MYOG pack frame, though he uses a large very light bag to hang off the frame and contain the gear: http://...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modular Pack idea, anyone seen anything like this?
March 07, 2:44pm

Re: Re: sucks for aquatic life
Or unless you wade through rivers or creeks?

In GEAR » PERMETHRIN
March 06, 4:24pm

Re: Dehydrated Feta?
We've dehydrated tomatoes in our machine, and yes, they have the flavor of sundried ones. I would use good fresh heirloom type ones, not bland supermarket tomatoes, though. Part of the flavo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated Feta?
March 06, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm