Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 171 - 180 of 913 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: myog trowel
What kind of drill bit does one need for the holes you drilled? (I only have a set of wood drill bits) Will a normal homeowner's electric drill work? I am tempted to try this.

In GEAR » Potty Trowel.... What?
March 22, 11:48am

Re: My take
"I suspect that those that think sleeping with your food is crazy probably have food smells all over themselves especially if they cook. But they feel better with the food safely tucked away. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Wth Your Food in Black Bear Country
March 22, 11:45am

Re: Re: Sleeping with food
"Have I been smart or lucky ?" or maybe you were asleep, or maybe it's the bear that was smart... It took me years of trips in the Sierra before I saw a bear; even though others i...

March 22, 12:06am

Re: Sleeping Wth Your Food in Black Bear Country
"Any perceived issues? only that you could be mauled by a bear... no big deal, really" This happened to someone we (my boyfriend and I) know, who should have known better - a Sierra...

March 19, 10:35am

Re: Using Gaia GPS offline
Thanks very much, Andrew, for your response. I can say that airplane mode was not on, and the GPS was enabled. I can't remember for certain if the arrow showed on the map, but my recollection...

In Post-Trip Reports » East Bay "non-trip" report
March 13, 3:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Acu-Rite thermometer: question
I understand about radiant heat loss, but wasn't aware that it extended to the upper atmosphere; I guess I thought of it more in terms of losing heat to the air or objects directly around you...

In GEAR » Acu-Rite thermometer: question
March 13, 8:42am

Re: Re: East Bay "non-trip" report
No, bring rain! (and snow!)

March 12, 11:05pm

Re: Re: Acu-Rite thermometer: question
"thermometers out in the open can register the cold night sky more than the ambient temperature" Wow, how does that happen? That IS weird. It was clear, I'll grant you that. But...

In GEAR » Acu-Rite thermometer: question
March 12, 11:01pm

Re: JMT Gear List - bugs
Your woven (not knit, they bite through that) longsleeved shirt and pants should keep the bugs off most of you; repellent and/or a headnet (Peter's are the best!) should take care of the rest.

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear List - Need to lost 3-5lbs
March 12, 8:15pm

Re: Re: East Bay "non-trip" report
Hey Doug - Yep, plenty of little kid left despite all appearances to the contrary! I especially felt like it while stumbling across the old homestead with the ramshackle barn, and exploring it. ...

March 12, 8:02pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm