Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 171 - 180 of 1102 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...111

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Where to learn self-arrest
+1 on Alpine Skills International - I took a two day Shasta trip with them years ago where they taught basic mountaineering skills along the way, including self-arrest. If you don't get into t...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to learn self-arrest
February 11, 8:21am

Re: Bass at Mississippi Lake
Hi Manfred - what's required in terms of line weight? I only fish for trout normally...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Henry Coe - Fishing Mississippi Lake with Packraft - Feb 27 to March 1
February 09, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Henry Coe - Fishing Mississippi Lake with Packraft - Feb 27 to March 1
Well, if I fish I'd probably need something suited for bass, right? Is there anything else in Mississippi (website doesn't mention any other fish) Is the bass there good eating?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Henry Coe - Fishing Mississippi Lake with Packraft - Feb 27 to March 1
February 09, 10:58am

re: sharing gear
Certainly I share gear with my significant other; and it's always been our practice to share non-shelter gear with the group when possible when we backpack with others, at least to some extent....

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
February 06, 12:41pm

Re: ee and Xtherm
+1 on the Xtherm with EE for cold sleepers - I notice a big difference between the Xlite and Xtherm on cold nights.

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad/Bag...Overwhelmed
February 03, 1:33pm

PIF: taken
Edit: all taken and shipped! PIF (free, but you pay shipping) 3 old Camelbaks (one without the tube); the tubes could probably use a good cleansing with denture cleanser or whatever it is t...

In Gear Swap » PIF: Camelbaks, old Garmin eTrex GPS
February 03, 11:55am

Fresh sourdough on the "trail"
Well, a year later, I finally got around to trying to make sourdough at the NorCal GGG last weekend. Unfortunately, it was mostly consumed before I thought of taking pictures (in my defense, I was...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sourdough on the Trail?
February 03, 11:30am

Re: Re: NorCal GGG #1 - Jan 29 to Feb 1, 2015
Thanks to everyone who came and made the NorCal GGG 1 fun this year - but especially David Gardner, who stuck his neck out and took on the challenge! I enjoyed seeing a few of the old faces and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California GGG #7 - Jan 29 to Feb 1, 2015
February 02, 1:44am

Re: Re: 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
Ken, though I missed seeing you and many of the others I've met at previous GGGs, I'm glad that you got to have the kind of gathering you wanted this year and not be burdened with looking a...

In Photo Gallery » 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 02, 1:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: New NeoAir XLite and Therm fabric
If you sleep under a quilt, without wearing a base layer, the feel of the pad fabric that you lie directly upon might be important.

In GEAR » New NeoAir XLite and Therm fabric
January 24, 8:45pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm