Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 171 - 180 of 657 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...66

Forum » Thread

One of my favorite pieces
Mark - Thank you for reminding me that I am not alone in hiking struggles. Hey, you went out there and did it - sure thru hikers may be faster, but that's because they get to hike every day ...

In Post-Trip Reports » PCT Sierra City to Echo Summit
August 07, 1:13am

Just a few thoughts
Jace - Oh, that's great to hear that you are hiking the PCT! I honestly have very little to add in the discussion of particiular shoes, only because it is a very personal decision.I h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Shoes for PCT 2012
August 04, 9:59pm

PM Sent again
Love your trowel. Need another! PM sent shortly!

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
August 02, 11:55pm

Portland is the best big city in the PNW
Ok, my opinion, but I'd rate Portland as easily the most livable big city on the West Coast. It's not just another city - it's a great walking city excellent microbreweries, some great ...

In Chaff » Touristy things to do in Portland Oregon
August 01, 11:09pm

Interested in what comes next
But I will be honest, the NeoAir saved my thru hike. My hip was killing me and the NeoAir solved that issue as a side sleeper. Yeah, it slows you down in the morning and at night with the setup, bu...

In GEAR » Thermarest Neo, but is it "The One"?
July 27, 9:50pm

Re: "Jennifer Pharr Davis attempts overall AT Speed Record (supported)- NYT Article"
Crimminy, my knees ache just reading this article. If you have ever tried to backpack a long distance in a single day either out of necessity or (as some do here) for "fun", well, I think...

In On the Web » Jennifer Pharr Davis attempts overall AT Speed Record (supported)- NYT Article
July 25, 1:09am

Wow!
The elusive photographic evidence. It's been a long time coming, although i suppose if a bear doesn't want to be seen in the North Cascades, it would be easier than in many parts of the wor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grizzly photographed in the North Cascades
July 02, 10:37pm

Re: Buy the Newest, Lightest, Shiniest Gear Or You Could Die
I completely agree with the spirit of this thread - certainly gear matters, but what matters far more is making your own adventure.

In Philosophy & Technique » Buy the Newest, Lightest, Shiniest Gear Or You Could Die
June 23, 1:37am

NeoAir
I have to say that I thought maybe I had overrated the NeoAir. I mean, it has limitations, but dang, I slept on it the other night again (have more than 120 nights on mine), and it was fantastic. H...

In GEAR » Neo Air or Prolite 3
June 20, 1:32am

Re: QR Codes + Trail Signs
For me, it comes down to the argument what is the weakest link? Well, besides myself (a weak link, to be sure), I'd have to argue that electronics and mechanical items are the most likely to ex...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
June 18, 8:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.