BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 171 - 180 of 590 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...59

Forum » Thread

latest look at website
I did not see any boot design on the web-site at all, in any category. I'm hoping it's a temporary take-down, because they are fixing the mistakes they made in design this year and that th...

In GEAR » 2013 inov-8 Roclite 295s
September 07, 10:47pm

Where to go?
The Pacific Northwest Trail!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine among 1st four to finish the CDT this year
September 06, 7:37pm

bending frame
I had the same issue with a pack of mine (different producer). I took the frame out of the pack and gave it to my friendly neighborhood machinist, who bent it for me. Problem solved. Beer or esp...

In GEAR » Can Osprey's frame be bent?
September 06, 6:02pm

Not really a trip report, but thanks!
Hey, I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to everyone for encouraging me to hike the Lyman Lakes/Spider Gap area. We weren't able to do the whole loop, due to last minute time constraints....

In Pre-Trip Planning » 2 week backpack trip in North Cascades
September 04, 11:40pm

miniature spice kit
I learned about using drinking straws to package up small amounts of powders, either here on Backpackinglight, or maybe on some blog somewhere. You cut off a small section of straw, pinch another ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Lightweight spices and oils - type and storage?
September 03, 3:27pm

cuben fiber dog bowl
Ha! Trust you, Doug, to find a cuben fiber dog bowl! It's not a bad idea, although what I have is pretty light. I was more thinking of multi-use, reducing number of items, etc. That's wh...

In Make Your Own Gear » platypus water scoop--did I do it wrong?
September 02, 1:26pm

Use as a sink?
So, I like the notion of using it as a sink--multi-purpose. I have taken to carrying a folding dog water bowl, similar to this . It sounds like I could eliminate that with the platypus cut-off w...

September 02, 12:42pm

platypus water scoop--did I do it wrong?
I have converted to a Sawyer squeeze, used with an Evernew 1.5 L dirty water bottle. I sacrificed a Platypus bag as a water scoop, as per some suggestions on this web-site. The bag is cut at an an...

September 01, 6:19pm

panic vs. fear
That example of the mother sitting there waiting for her child to die shows the necessity of thinking ahead, postulating worst-case scenario, and making a pro-active plan on how to deal with the pr...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do I deal with my fear?
August 31, 2:20pm

not impressed by tents
We have the Quarterdome T2 Plus from years ago. They have shaved weight considerably, but at the price of space. Our tent has 35 sq ft, and we can get our packs inside if we need to without feeli...

In GEAR » REI 2014 Gear ... new tents, packs, etc.
August 29, 3:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am