BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 171 - 180 of 572 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...58

Forum » Thread

hiking light on the trail
Neither my boyfriend nor I are truly ultralight, but we get this all the time when we're out. We still regret to this day not having a trailside "what's in your pack" show-and-te...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
August 04, 6:57pm

runs a bit chilly in the mountains
I used to use one, found it to be a bit chilly in the mountains, usually I had to wear my down jacket at night, and once in a while my down pants. I've switched to an EE Rev X 30 degree quilt ...

In GEAR » Mont-bell UL SS #3
August 04, 6:43pm

camera batteries
I received a couple of Amazon gift cards for my birthday, and I decided to pick up a couple of extra camera batteries for my upcoming hike--my camera is a bit of a battery hog, it's the only th...

In Photography » camera batteries
August 04, 12:36pm

bear candy
Might you wake up to a bear licking your feet?

In Multiple Use Gear » Band Aid Friction Block = Crisco = Fire Starter?
August 03, 7:14am

Different last?
I had much the same problem 3 years ago--had hiked extensively in Keen's on overnights and 2-3 day hikes, then when hiking for multiple days, especially in heat, blister city--my left foot was ...

In GEAR » Help keep my feet from turning into hamburger!
August 02, 6:53am

family tent SOTM
Didn't know if you had seen this article: https://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/family_tents_sotm_2011.html

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Paranoia? Good parenting? Hmmm?
August 01, 2:57pm

Wow!
That's awesome, Stuart, thanks! Here is why I didn't want to mess with cannister stoves before. Your numbers indicate that I will use over a 4 day trip just about 1/2 an ounce more than t...

In GEAR » cannister stove questions
August 01, 12:25pm

responses
@Bob--yeah, 2 ounces seemed like a lot to me, that's the official windscreen, however. It looks like something very simple, but all the cautions about cannisters overheating with windscreens h...

July 31, 10:10pm

Yummy!
I'll definitely have to give those a try. I don't remember what brand of Quinoa flakes I have, it might be Ancient Harvest. So, these hold up well on the trail, and you eat them instead o...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Why do I gain weight after a hike?
July 31, 2:41pm

cannister stove questions
I'm looking into cannister stoves, in case fire restrictions prohibit me from using my alcohol stove on my backpacking trip this August. I've looked at old articles and read reviews, and I...

July 31, 2:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am