BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 171 - 180 of 530 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...53

Forum » Thread

bear can in 50
When I ordered mine, there weren't any size options, so I have the 50L. I use a BearVault 500, and it fits in my pack, but there aren't very many rolls at the top. You have to make sure it...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arc Blast users
June 10, 9:56am

hip belt pocket mod
I just had my first week-end out with my Arc Blast. Loved it! Still have to work on how I pack it--I'm lightweight, not ultralight, and I had to carry a bear cannister with it. Worked great ...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arc Blast users
June 09, 10:04pm

modifications?
Yes, I'm pretty sure I did--I at least had the hose on there to direct the water, with the on-off clip, and I believe I put the pre-filter in at the same time.

In GEAR » sawyer squeeze disappointment
June 09, 9:02pm

sawyer squeeze disappointment
I got a Sawyer Squeeze filter last summer, and used it once on a trip as a gravity filter---worked great! Loved it, in fact. Really quick. After our last trip, I backflushed it, ran a dilute blea...

In GEAR » sawyer squeeze disappointment
June 09, 8:53pm

arm coolers
I'm experimenting with a couple different ones after burning my arms. From what I can gather, it's all in the material. If you can find the right kind of material, they are easy to make, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Arm Coolers?
June 07, 2:18pm

The meaning of REI
So much for Return Everything Indefinitely!

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
June 05, 5:10pm

Please?
Could you all please go for a hike?

In GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
May 31, 1:15pm

easy fix
If you don't like the loose cuffs, go to the local fabric store, and pick up some velcro dots. Sewn to the cuff, you can adjust the fit at will without increasing the weight of the jacket much...

In GEAR » Patagonia Houdini - wrist cuffs
May 24, 2:26pm

what about nutritional yeast?
I'm looking at adding nutritional yeast to a couple of my backpacking dinners. I don't eat strictly vegan, but I am dairy intolerant, which is a pain, both for flavor and for calories, as ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT on a vegan diet
May 14, 2:48pm

Namaskara good, but...
I find it doesn't stretch my hip flexors or adductors/abductors very well. I should say that I am not flexible enough to do Downward Dog with my heels and hands on the floor at the same time. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Yoga poses for on the trail
May 06, 2:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am