BPL Community Profile

Sunny Waller (dancer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Grew up playing in the lakes and the mountains of North Georgia. Started backpacking in a coed Explorer Scout Troup in the 1970's (yes I am a girl) I outfitted & led groups on backpacking trips for 20 years until I was totalled by a drunk driver. I got back on the trail when I read Ray Jardine's book Beyond Backpacking. I teach lightweight backpacking programs for different groups and currently have a great gig at the LenFoote Hike Inn. I am a member of the Trail Dames hiking club.
CityAtlanta
StateGa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sunny Waller

Showing 171 - 180 of 243 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Vapor Trail Side Pockets
Ira..I use 2 one liter platy bottles with a hydration hose..I carry them in the side pockets of whatever pack I am using-they do fit in the side pockets of a fully loaded Vapor Trail. I do not have...

In GEAR » UL packs ideas?
September 26, 7:56am

Re: "It's hip to be square.''
I have not read much about people who use larger square tarps...only small tarps or poncho's) I could go there but you just get so much more living space with a large tarp. In the rain that makes a...

In GEAR » gotta tarp
September 25, 7:33am

gotta tarp
Anybody out there use a square tarp?? I have been evolving to a tarp. I own a wonderful Lunar Solo tent but I yearn to tarp. I tried a Gatewood Cape..VERY NICE..but I cannot comfortably hike in it-...

In GEAR » gotta tarp
September 22, 12:12pm

Re: Thanks Dondo.
Ditto for the Insul Mat Max-thermo..cannot leave home without it.

In GEAR » What's Everyone using for a Sleeping Bag PAD. Z-lite etc.
September 22, 8:06am

Re: Risk versus benefit
Yes girdia does show up later but thats not the only way you can get sick from bad water. Some stuff hits fast and hard (or should I say loose :) How many times have you quickly gotten sick from s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sipping the Waters: Techniques for Selecting Untreated Backcountry Water for Drinking
September 21, 8:30am

Re: Vapor Trail
Hey before you consider which new pack you buy make sure you consider 2 issues. How do you carry your water?? Do you use water bottles outside your pack or do you use a bladder that's going inside ...

In GEAR » UL packs ideas?
September 21, 6:51am

Re: Sub 2-lb October Hike
Excellent...thanks for the picture..keep us posted on your departure date...the approach trail to springer is one of my favorite hikes..unless its early in the morning and I want some great coffee....

In Gear Lists » Sub 2-lb October Hike
September 14, 1:42pm

Re: Re: Sub 2-lb October Hike
Bill...How do you handle your Gatewood Cape in windy conditions when wearing it as raingear??

In Gear Lists » Sub 2-lb October Hike
September 14, 7:45am

Gatewood cape updates??
Any of you gatewood cape users have any more tips of advice for me after using it this spring and summer?? Its too hot to go out backpacking in my neck of the woods so I have been unable to take m...

In GEAR » Gatewood cape updates??
August 04, 9:23am

Re: Re: Ultralight vs old school
I remember my first love...a Dana Design Terraplane..I tried it on in the outfitters store and was hooked!!! It was awesome. It did make a 50 pound load feel like 20. It was so easy to pack. I was ...

In GEAR » Mystery Ranch Backpacks equals Dana Design quality?
July 24, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by Sunny Waller

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks customer service
I have ordered many products from Zpacks. The website is very specific about the wait time for gear that has to be made and Joe has never failed to deliver within that time frame. I had no problems re...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 13, 8:28pm

zpacks Company
I ordered some small stuff from ZPacks. The post office lost it and kept referring me to different people who just kept saying "yes..it's lost". I called Joe to make him aware and he imm...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 10:30am