BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 171 - 180 of 255 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

WTB - Montbell UL SS #1
Need a long, left zip. I'm sure most of you have an extra one laying around gathering dust that you feel you should get rid of.

In Gear Swap » WTB - Montbell UL SS #1
April 24, 1:38pm

Side Sleep
Also, to answer one of your questions, I usually sleep on my side in my hammocks. And even though I sleep on the diagonal and lie almost totally flat, I cannot sleep on my stomach. My head and ...

In GEAR » how to hammock camp?
April 24, 11:33am

Hammock Camping
William, For sure visit the hammock camping forum. I did that before converting to hammocks. I suppose the hammock hangers are a little like UL'ers, they (we?) tend to be somewhat zealou...

In GEAR » how to hammock camp?
April 24, 11:29am

JRB Quilts
I have both the No Sniveler and the Rocky Mountain Sniveler. Both are great quilts. If you are only getting one, I recommend the RMS, no question. For a few bucks and a few ounces, I get to s...

In GEAR » Yet another quilt advice request
April 24, 11:12am

2 man tents
David, My recommendations will be based on who the 2 people are in the tent and what, if any, gear is in there with you. I really like my GG Squall Classic single wall at 22 oz, but it is prett...

In GEAR » 2-person tent recommendations
April 22, 2:02pm

FS: Western Mountaineering Ultralite Super-Long
Elena, Thanks for the info, that's a sweet bag, but I have decided on another. John

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering Ultralite Super-Long
April 21, 9:35pm

WM
pm sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering Ultralite Super-Long
April 21, 1:47pm

McHale Pack
Steve, Sorry to hear about that. I think the only reasonable thing to do is to sell your McHale pack to me.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » getting motivated...
April 21, 9:11am

Re: WM or MB UL SS #1 for 11 year old?
Robert, Yes, he helps pay for his own gear. If we can find a 2 pound 15 or 20 degree bag for less, that would be fine with me. Hiking and camping are his favorite activities, and he takes good...

In GEAR » WM megalite or Montbell U.L SS #3
April 17, 9:22pm

Baseball?
Since I live in Dallas and we don't have professional baseball, no, I really don't miss it while hiking (or any other time, really). (for the curious, we don't consider the Tex...

In Chaff » Baseball?
April 17, 3:09pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm