Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

JASON CUZZETTO (cuzzettj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale NorCal - South Bay
About Me I love the wilderness and UL gear.
I went on my first backpacking trip in Oregon when I was 6 weeks old (AUG72). It snowed all night long. When day light came I was the only thing left dry. Just wish I could remember it!

In 2000 my first UL trip resulted in a night hike to stay warm. Wrong gear.

Finished the BPL Scouting course (May 2010). Very cool. It was like closing a door. I feel like I can teach the principals now.
CityCampbell
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 171 - 180 of 224 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

A Trip Gone South!"
Personally I love the whole narative. Thank you. You might take a few short, 'hard push', weekends with Gary and push him hard and talk gear. He needs to lighten up. Did he eat before h...

In Post-Trip Reports » Dick's Creek Gap to (oh well) Home: A Trip Gone South!
December 21, 2:58pm

Regular Wool - still no smarter than a 5th grader w/ textiles
I still haven't decided on Merino Wool. I haven't owned any yet except in sox. My 1989 Army issue wool hat is my favorite fall back when it gets really cold. Plus I am darn close to bald...

In Philosophy & Technique » Swim Crossing techniques/clothing
December 21, 2:25pm

Why start with partial dressing:
Carol - I found I couldn't get dry enough right out of the box and that moving and adding layers as I go, and heat up, allowed me to return to my warm state faster. Keeping the hands and head ...

December 21, 1:55pm

Training
I once had a permit to carry because my wife had a stalker and they broke into my house on several occasions. The training required to purchase a pistol for leagal carry in the woods versus the ...

In Chaff » Does your kit include a gun?
December 20, 6:00pm

"Lightweight, quick dry pants" - Try These
www.exofficio.com Men's Amphi™ Pant (they come in zip offs too) Try these out. They are light, dry out really fast. When I keep moving even in the worst of storms I stay really dry an...

In GEAR » Lightweight, quick dry pants
December 20, 5:21pm

A Custom Backpack – Designed by You
This is a great article. I may give R2 a try. I always wanted a larger version of my GoLite Breeze with two long exterior side pockets for 2 liter Water Bladders and a loop and lock system for my...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Custom Backpack – Designed by You
December 19, 11:56am

DIY Instant Rice - Cool
I was really gettign sick of instant rice on the trail because it was bland. I will give this a try. Great article and detail! Thank you

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » DIY Instant Rice
December 17, 3:32pm

Swim Crossing techniques/clothing
I am a big fan of Soccer shorts and/or ExOfficio Amphi pants (they come in zip offs too). They dry out very quickly (10 minutes when moving quickly). It is basically a swim trunk pant. I also fi...

December 14, 11:03am

The Pros and Cons of Backpacking Umbrellas
Another tip. I drilled a whole in the top peg of the umbrella and put a small cord through it. I have hung it from a tree and been able to keep the rain off of my stove for cooking. It is a lot ...

In GEAR » The Pros and Cons of Backpacking Umbrellas
December 14, 10:22am

Bare or Briefs
I have done both. Bare is fine but chafing can be an issue for some people. You end up in a very bad and painful place if you do get chafing. I have been whereing MTS boxers that I purchased at ...

In GEAR » Most comfortable least odiferous synthetic briefs/T's
December 14, 10:17am

All Reader Reviews by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Appy Trails Mark 5
Mark V – Appy Trails – Can’t beat the price! First of all, the price on this tarp tent is dead on. At $120.00 it is a fantastic deal. Manufacturer’s Specs: Sleeping capacity: 5 Average minimum we...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
February 28, 2:10pm

End2End Trail Supply GramWeenie
There is a lot of information in the other reviews so I will keep this simple. I bought both the Gram Weenie and it's big brother the Pro. Here is what I found. I used the small one first wit...

In Stoves - Alcohol
May 20, 1:55pm

Light My Fire Spork
***Update MRE Spoon, Titanium Spork, Lexan Fork, knife, spoon, and spork... The Light My Fire Spork looks cool, works great! I agree that the only down side is the length... But then again I...

In Cookware - Other
July 25, 1:24pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
No big deal if the insualtion burns off for me. That is what the bandana is for... or one of the things. Great volume for up to three people.

In Cookware - Titanium
July 25, 12:58pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I agree. I sent them a couple of questions and a fix for their Web Site. I never new customer service reps could be so rude in their reply and they didn't even acknowledge they made a mistake an...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 2:48pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Down from a 5 to a 4... But still a 5 to me. Want to know why? Read on... A few weeks ago I received the Golite Pinnacle Pack in the mail. I wanted the pack because I love the Jam Pack I purch...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 13, 11:14am

Petzl e+LITE
This is a great light. I bought it for hiking but I took it with me on a 4 day camping trip the other day. What I liked most it gave us plenty of light late into the night. My wife used it for hour...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 02, 5:57pm

Keen Arroyo 2
I have had a pair or Newport closed tow keen sandals for about 3 years now. I absolutely love them! So I talked my wife into purchasing the Arroyo 2 for the both of us - let's call it a hybrid ru...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 31, 11:57am