Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tyler H (ctwnwood) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Utah
About Me Tyler H has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.cottonwoodculture.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List -- The Maze Trip

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tyler H

Showing 171 - 180 of 183 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Thanks Alex - Buckskin too?
Alex awesome trip report! Very thorough this is exactly what we need. We're considering adding Buckskin Gulch to this loop, starting at White House and doing it upstream. Sent you a PM with som...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for Hackberry - Paria Utah Loop, March 21st
March 16, 12:45pm

14 gram option
A suggestion- I just fashioned a headlamp out of a tiny, 3-led light (18 lumens) meant to clip to a baseball cap and a length of thin cord. I actually used a guitar pick to create a flat plane f...

In GEAR » Looking for a ultralight headlamp: Mammut S-Lite or Mammut S-Flex?
March 15, 9:20pm

other intoxicant
Tip of the day: My intoxicant of choice is SUL, its usually more green than brown, and I only need about .125 oz for a multiday. Hard to beat that. Like other SUL gear it's hard to find i...

In Chaff » Most Beloved Trail Whisky/Whiskey
March 15, 5:16pm

mmm steak
Greg I like your style. Save room for the important stuff. <------ Next time catch some crawdads like these

In GEAR » Do pliers belong in your kit?
March 15, 5:08pm

franken-tarp, AM for filter, alcohol stove
Alright fellas I'm taking some of this to heart. We've come up with a franken-tarp shelter using the rainfly from a hammerhead 3, 2 poles from the fat frog and a random footprint. It comes ...

March 13, 6:14pm

revisions
Dirk- Thanks for the tips, I would love such a map and any other beta you can give me. This will be my fist time in UT and my first desert backpacking experience. Too much time in the Boreal. M...

March 13, 1:26am

UT in March: list updated, exact weights
Thanks guys for the feedback. I actually bought a scale so I have some exact weights. I also made some changes: -swapped the thermarest for 5'7" of blue walmart foam (hoping I won't ...

March 12, 3:16am

the rest of the AM
PM

In Gear Swap » Golite Jam, Platys, and Aqua Mira
March 10, 7:56pm

Silshelter
PMing now

In Gear Swap » Study Abroad Sale
March 10, 1:01am

Gear List for Hackberry - Paria Utah Loop, March 21st
Hey folks, I'll be taking a trip to southern Utah to hike up Hackberry canyon, cross the Rock Springs Bench and descend back through the Paria River canyon. We're leaving on the 21st. In...

March 09, 10:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Tyler H

Tyler H has posted no reviews.