BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 171 - 180 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Help
Let's see... Yeah the card stock idea is correct, except I would suggest using something with less flex, like plastic or something. For the foot box, I assume you have already cut the quilt i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help! Quilt Stitch - Foot Box
June 20, 1:02pm

Re: Re: Shelters
I would start looking at pyramid shelters like the Hex 3, as opposed to A-Frame tarps

In GEAR » Shelters
June 15, 3:51pm

Re: Your bear pics
I think its a load of malarkey. Bears have poor vision and a great sense of smell. I doubt the color of the line makes that much differance. And what about the color of the bag??

In Photo Gallery » not sure if they've been posted before...
May 30, 9:58pm

Re: half-ounce heavier
Mark, wait a sec... If you need to carry a carbon fiber pole for the poncho tarp, wouldn't you also have to carry it for the Lair?? That would make the poncho tarp set up lighter. Plus, most peop...

In GEAR » Gatewood cape/mosquitos
May 24, 3:51pm

Re: Where do you buy cuben fiber?
Not to be rude--But you asked basically the same question a couple of days ago and were told to search the forums--which include a thread telling you all of this. Also, try google, its really diff...

In Make Your Own Gear » Where do you buy cuben fiber?
May 07, 4:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: My gear
Yesssss.....but I carry under 3 pounds and you don't..... Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

In Philosophy & Technique » Tell me about Backpacks
May 07, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bevy of SUL
Ryan-- The gasket is in the very middle of the tarp for two simple reasons. A) In light rainstorms, I wear the backpack under the poncho to keep everything dry and thus don't need as much covera...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bevy of SUL
April 14, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Bevy of SUL
Vick--It closes by both methods. I tighten the gasket about halfway and then roll the rest(Its not really rolled in the picture). The carabiner then holds the hold shebang in place.

April 14, 8:26pm

Re: Bevy of SUL
OK, Well it was the weekend again so I finally had enough time to sit down and finish off the poncho-tarp. Sorry Vick, but I decided upon a poncho over a cape because with a cape I was not able to...

April 14, 3:44pm

Re: Bivy with Zipper?
You don't NEED a zipper to get in and out of a bivy, but it is a pain in the rear without one. I use the stakeouts everytime I set the bivy up and leave the campsite, to prevent it blowing away,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy with Zipper?
April 12, 4:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm