BPL Community Profile

Jace Mullen (climberslacker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Your guess is as good as mine.
About Me Hi! I'm Jace. I'm 17 years old. I will be doing the PCT Summer 2012.
CityOceanside
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacemullen.com
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jace Mullen

Showing 171 - 180 of 377 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Suggestions
I agree with the comments on the reservoir. I don't use them the I do know that the Platy is much lighter. Also, I do use the platy soft bottles and have actually had more trouble with leaking ...

In Gear Lists » New to the UL community, would like some critique on my current gear
July 06, 6:30pm

Laughing at ourselves
That video was hilarious. However, (and maybe I am just stereotypical) all of his gear changes are the same ones I had. Kinda scary.

In Philosophy & Technique » Laughing at ourselves
June 14, 8:13am

Re: Ground Cloth or Pad?
Thats what I was refering to with the 1/8" foam. Is there anywhere to buy those full length? The question still remains: wich is more effective, the foam or the groundcloth.

In Philosophy & Technique » Ground Cloth or Pad?
June 08, 8:18pm

Ground Cloth or Pad?
I am about to buy my first tarp and am left with a few questions. What is the lightest groundcloth set up? Or would a full length (1/8' inch) foam ccf pad be lighter and more effective? For ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ground Cloth or Pad?
June 08, 8:07pm

Feeler: MLD Grace Solo Cuben
I think I just got sniped soooo... Anyone else who has one they want to sell?

In Gear Swap » Feeler: MLD Grace Solo Cuben
June 08, 9:46am

Merrel Barefoot?
I go barefoot a lot (if I don't absolutely need shoes I don't wear them) so I'm not super concerned. When I was going to school on the east coast, I often went hiking completly barefoot...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Merrel Barefoot?
June 08, 9:44am

Re: FS MLD Grace Solo
What's the actual weight on it?

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Grace Solo
June 07, 8:58pm

Merrel Barefoot?
I saw these at my local gear store. They seem like a nice alternative to the 5 fingers that I know a lot of people use (and love). Has anyone used these for backpacking yet? I think they would work...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Merrel Barefoot?
June 07, 8:48pm

Feeler: MLD Grace Solo Cuben
Anyone have one that they might want to sell? I'm looking at getting one. -Jace

In Gear Swap » Feeler: MLD Grace Solo Cuben
June 07, 8:38pm

Does Philmont allow supplementing your food?
"I would love to be able to bring along some peanuts, jerky, oatmeal packets, kool-aid mixes, and a few other trail staples that I pack just about every trip." At least in 2010 I saw a...

In Philmont » Does Philmont allow supplementing your food?
January 10, 2:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Jace Mullen

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

40 Below Expedition Insulation
A great, US company that makes expedition-specific insulating gear. My bottle-boots were shipped the same day I ordered them and along with the shipping notice came a question from the company founder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 16, 4:39pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I used this pad for 5 weeks this summer while building trail. I have also used it on every backpacking trip for the last two-ish years. I just bought a new one to take on my PCT thru this summer. ...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
April 07, 9:38pm

zpacks Company
While I only ordered stuff sacks from Joe, he was still willing to talk with me about what would work best for me. Great Guy, I hope to buy a pack from him eventually!

February 28, 8:57am

Patagonia the company
I have never had to deal with there customer service department because of something I have bought, but many times i have had questions about there products and if you are on their website, on the top...

March 19, 10:46pm