BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 171 - 180 of 991 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...100

Forum » Thread

NeverWet
Thanks, Jason. I'm looking forward to your observations of treated fabrics. In particular, I'm curious about fabrics that have been treated, then exposed to dirt, washed, etc.

In GEAR » Rust-O-Leum NeverWet
June 23, 9:51am

Thaisilks
I've used Thaisilks, too. I've purchased 5 momme silk (which is lighter than any nylon fabric) for $3 per yard from that site.

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.1 oz Nylon Bag Liner?
June 22, 5:41pm

Others
I have no desire to be alarmist, but I think it is important to note that Crypto and Giardia are the best known eukaryotic parasites in surface waters but not the only ones. I study the protozo...

In GEAR » Gravity filter vs. Aqua Mira: The age-old question
June 20, 2:24pm

Chair
Ron, I'm very impressed by this chair. What are the details for the tubing (ID, OD, source, etc.)? I don't think I would mind an extra 5 oz in my pack, either, if it meant I had a camp ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 5.5 ounce Camp Chair
June 19, 3:01pm

Filter
Thanks. The hollow-fiber filter is the inner filter component of a Sawyer filter, so I didn't have to worry about water bypass. The tubes are already sealed at the bottom in the clear plastic c...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 4 oz gravity filter setup w/ MYOG filter
June 15, 10:03pm

Down
I have a Zpacks twin quilt with water resistant down. I chose the water resistant down because I had the quilt made with a Nobul1 inner and outer shell, which is much more breathable and perhaps le...

In GEAR » ZPacks water resistant down or 900 fill?
June 14, 1:32pm

Blue medium sold
The blue medium is sold. The black large is still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: Westcomb Shift (blue medium and black large)
June 13, 2:00pm

Conical hat
Greg, thanks for that link (and thanks to Chris Muthig). I think a foam sheet with a silnylon cover might be the way to go. The cover could double as a water bag and stuff sack and the foam sheet c...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Chinese style conical hat
June 13, 1:25pm

Reduced to $229
These are brand new with tags. I'll drop the price to $229. I suspect there is interest because there have been several recent favorable threads about this jacket here on BPL.

In Gear Swap » FS: Westcomb Shift (blue medium and black large)
June 13, 10:59am

"Sedge" hat
Yes, I've been thinking about this for a long time. I first had ideas about this about ten years ago and it never became enough of a priority to push aside other MYOG projects. Do you have ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Chinese style conical hat
June 13, 10:41am

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.