Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matt Lutz (citystuckhiker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Hiker-turned-ultramarathon runner. Sorry backpack, I've neglected you.
CityMankato
StateMinnesota
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://crazyrunnerguy.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListWinter 2011-12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt Lutz

Showing 171 - 180 of 805 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Wild Things eVent Bivy picture
Bud - can you throw a sleeping bag in there, close up the bivy and take a photo of the closure system? Thanks.

In Gear Swap » B.D. Lighthouse, Komperdell, eVent Bivy, Arc'teryx, Atomic 5Lb Skis
October 06, 12:00pm

Re: Bivy Sacks
Good to know. I'm glad it is long because although I am 5'6", my winter bag is a long (and also sufficiently puffy). Like I said, it's definately on my radar. I'm likely to go ...

In GEAR » Bivy Sacks?
October 05, 12:09am

Re: Bivy Sacks
David: could you describe the closure system and stormproofness of the hood/entry? Thanks. Photo could be cool.

In GEAR » Bivy Sacks?
October 04, 9:23pm

Re: Bivy Sacks?
FYI - I'm seriously considering getting an ID Overbay/Bivy (all eVent) for use as a stand-alone shelter in winter (mostly) and fringe season use.

In GEAR » Bivy Sacks?
October 04, 7:33pm

Re: Durability
I have worn my Thermawrap parka under pack straps briefly. As stated, I wouldn't recommend it for long periods of time. But I did what I needed to do to get warm. The problem, especially with t...

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket vs. Extremely Light Jacket
October 04, 2:34pm

Re: Keeping hands dry in winter
First, what is your liner/glove/mitt combination? Also, how do your hands get wet? Are you digging a snow cave, just hiking/skiing/etc? I use highly-breathable liners (BD powerstretch - now cal...

In Winter Hiking » Keeping hands dry in winter
October 04, 8:04am

Re: Re: Re: Down jackets vs. Primaloft
Yes - two layers of fabric with DWR should be better at keeping the down dry - assuming breathability is not too compromised.

October 03, 8:31pm

Re: Down jackets vs. Primaloft
The DWR on MB garments it superb. Do you carry a windshirt? If so, would could wear that over the top of your parka and underneath your umbrella if you need to me moving around in camp (without a p...

October 03, 7:36pm

Re: Bivy Sacks?
Can't go wrong with an MLD Superlight. Momentum top, silnylon bottom and a mesh window to allow breath to escape and keep out bugs. And simple. Andy Skurka uses a custom model with a more durab...

In GEAR » Bivy Sacks?
October 03, 7:34pm

Re: Rab Super Light Bivy
I can't comment on the bivy, but the girth may be twice the width - 79.4 inches. ID's Overbag/bivy and Microbivy have a 72 inches shoulder girths, for example.

In GEAR » Rab Super Light Bivy
October 03, 6:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Matt Lutz

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Scree (softshell pants)
There is so much to love about these pants, but the little details kill any possibility of a 5 rating. So 4 it is. The good: The pants are made of Marmot's proprietary M3 fabric, which is a ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
October 20, 9:50am

Zpacks Z1
I bought my Z1 from a BPL forum member. It had a webbing waist belt and a removable sternum strap. I have since removed the waistbelt (via scissors) and removed the sternum strap, which was attached t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 03, 10:22am

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
I have a 2008 MB Inner down Parka, and I wish I would have waited until the 2009 models were released before hitting "submit order." I have a size small, which weighs in at 7.2 oz. The ja...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
October 03, 9:24am

Black Diamond Windweight (formerly Jetstream)
I have owned two pairs of BD wind-proof liner gloves - an older pair of Jetstreams and the new model, their Windweights. Both used Polartec Windbloc fabric. These gloves are excellent next-to-skin...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 03, 9:15am

Black Diamond Powerstretch (now Midweights)
These are my go-to liner gloves for all seasons. In three-season wear, they are are breathable and not too warm when the temperature dips. In cold and wet weather, I use them under a pair of MLD eVent...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
October 03, 8:50am