BPL Community Profile

Chad Miller (chadnsc) - BPL Guest

My Locale Duluth, Minnesota
About Me Backpacking and climbing throughout the year, I love to be outdoors in virtually any active form.
CityDuluth
StateDuluth
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Miller

Showing 171 - 180 of 805 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Tiny house anyone?
Tyler D wrote: "Also buying an existing house recycles even more because a an old house is re-purposed." Not necessarily so. If you renovate / remodel the 'old' house you...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
December 08, 2:11pm

Re: Snow melting techniques
As a few other have said: 1. Use a larger diameter pot that is about 1.5 times bigger than your stove burner. It's will be more fuel efficient and melt the snow faster. 2. Have around ...

In Winter Hiking » Snow melting techniques
December 08, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: i assume bear spray would work on a wolf ...
Well you are Canadian so you're screwed no matter what. ;) I wouldn't worry too much about wolves eating you Eric. It's horrible that this person died but I think this was another f...

In Chaff » Wolf kill confirmed in Alaska
December 07, 3:40pm

Re: Help a Florida boy winter camp in Minnesota
There are a few things that need to be addressed before I can answer some of your questions. Temperatures: First off 'frigid temps' can mean a lot of different things to different peop...

In Winter Hiking » Help a Florida boy winter camp in Minnesota
December 07, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Regarding the buff
The merino wool Buffs are bigger in diameter (around 1/2") and twice as long as the ploypro Buffs.

In GEAR » UL Fall/Winter Hat options
December 07, 3:10pm

Re: Re: i assume bear spray would work on a wolf ...
Eric Chan wrote: "if there are any more ... i think you would need a glock with a 17 round mag" If? With each of my five encounters with wolves there were always more than two.

In Chaff » Wolf kill confirmed in Alaska
December 07, 3:09pm

Want a small house . . . .
For a fee around 4-6% (varies by location) of your total construction cost/budget you can have an architect design a house that will fit needs quite well. You'll get what you want and nothing ...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
December 07, 11:36am

Re: Re: Re: Your Winter "TEN ESSENTIALS" List?
It's been my experience that once you get below say 25 to 30 degrees (F) the bic's have a very hard time lighting even when you keep them warm. Once it gets below say 10 to 15 degrees (F) ...

In Winter Hiking » Your Winter "TEN ESSENTIALS" List?
December 07, 11:28am

Re: Re: Quilt vs. Bag for winter use let the debate begin
Justin Baker wrote: "If you can just sleep on your back, some straps would probably solve this. The good thing about quilts is you can use different layers or wear clothing underneath and n...

In GEAR » Quilt vs. Bag for winter use let the debate begin
December 06, 3:35pm

Re: Quilt vs. Bag for winter use let the debate begin
Well I toss and turn when I sleep and I've found that when it get's cold out I simply can't keep as warm using a quilt even when it has good straps on it fastened to my body. For sum...

In GEAR » Quilt vs. Bag for winter use let the debate begin
December 06, 3:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Miller

Chad Miller has posted no reviews.