BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 171 - 180 of 432 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: Best material for pot/ziplock bag cozy?
Reflectix equivalent in the UK is Thermawrap, available in big rolls from B&Q. BobC at backpackinglight.co.uk used to sell smaller pieces of this. Alternatives: closed-cell foam 'campin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best material for pot/ziplock bag cozy?
October 18, 12:05pm

crude vertical ridges
After I first saw this thread, I went home, picked up an empty can with the cap removed, picked up a flat-bit wood drill that has a 1/4" shaft that has a nice, smooth end to it, put the can on...

In Make Your Own Gear » Foster Cans With Ridges
October 18, 12:00pm

re: stove - d'oh!
> Actually, my "two burners" are actually my one stove taken apart d'oh! I've made similar setups, so should have recognised it... > My system did burn hotter (appare...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kmart Grease Pot tips and mods?
October 10, 10:56am

re: 'burping'
> Another thing I noticed: the stove was periodically "burping" I've seen this with a number of different alcohol stove designs. My suspicion is that it's 'bumping'...

October 07, 7:58am

re: discoloured/charred lacquer
The aluminium flashing usually has a lacquer coating, and it's this that discolours. I've seen it on quite a few clones made by US-based users of my clone template design script. It may ...

October 06, 11:53am

EPE foam
When packing an axe in my luggage to travel, I use chunks of expanded polythene foam for both spike and head. I've carved a custom-fitted slot for the head, and simply cut out a recess for the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Suggestions for ice axe protector?
October 04, 11:37am

windshield to fit in pot
> The big problem with cones / windshields of this size is: how do you pack them? The 'flissure' setting on my clone generator script will create a two-part, horizontally split cone t...

In Make Your Own Gear » R-Caffin / H-Jim style can-top stove windscreen: why not make it support pot (rather than stove)
September 23, 9:20am

a caldera cone with gas adaptor...
This is essentially a Caldera Cone using a 'gas adaptor' (Alan's clearly used my clone script to create the support). Stirring is therefore no more of an issue than it is with a Calder...

In Make Your Own Gear » R-Caffin / H-Jim style can-top stove windscreen: why not make it support pot (rather than stove)
September 19, 11:57am

re: liquid feed
> however I am puzzled by the articles suggestion to turn off at canister 1st so that liquid in tube is burnt off--- surely there is now no pressure driving it; but it obviously works. There ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
September 19, 11:47am

re: "I'm sure most on this site will not like this system."
What's not to like? Glad to see the big Rexam lidded cans getting good use. Now if only I could find one in the UK. The Gatorade pot would be nice too; the nearest I've found in the UK...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6.6oz cook system with water bottle for under $20
September 08, 12:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.