BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 171 - 180 of 333 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...34

Forum » Thread

Re: The experiment with flask
"...I'm still curious if I will be able to make lighter with battery: just preheat the wire with electrical current while in methanol vapors...." RC Airplane glow plugs would be pe...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
March 11, 4:08pm

nice!!
Thanks Dan! looks good. It sounds like you had to play around a bit to get a stove configuration that lit easily. Is that correct? My own project has been at a standstill since I have been ...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
March 07, 9:51pm

Re: Re: Re: What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
"...Could you do my calculations for me? Ha! ..." -NL OK, I am a sucker for a good MYOG BPL Geek question. I calculated the EI for your tube (Aluminum 5/8" OD, 1/2" ID) = 0....

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 27, 3:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
Young's modulus (Modulus of Elasticity) is usually the same in compression or tension. Matching the stiffness of tubes from dissimilar materials is pretty simple (as I showed above). Trying t...

February 27, 3:05pm

Re: What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
Sorry I missed this earlier and I am surprised another bpl geek hasn't answered you yet. I will provide an answer but make no guarantees I analyzed this correctly. I am a mechanical engineer ...

February 27, 10:54am

Re: "perfect cookset"
"Sounds an awful lot like the Trangia sets..." -BNB I think your right. I always forget to look at the Triangia cooksets because they throw in a brass cat food can and call them stoves.

In GEAR » The perfect cookset (in my brain)
February 26, 3:23pm

Re: Re: The perfect cookset (in my brain)
>>Are these close? close, but they have attached handles and they are crazy expensive.

February 26, 1:33pm

The perfect cookset (in my brain)
I can't figure out why no manufacturer seems to produce the perfect cookset that I picture in my brain. Here is what I have in mind: - material: Titanium or Aluminum... but I always picture...

February 26, 11:23am

Re: Knife? Fry Pan?
Unless you are a much better fisher than me, I wouldn't expect to be filleting too many fish in the high Sierra's. All the fish I ever catch fit nicely in a small pan and would require a s...

In Fishing » Knife? Fry Pan?
February 26, 10:23am

down with 20" pads!
First stop trying to squeeze yourself onto a 20" pad. Check out the 25" pads (or even Palatial 30" pads!). If you don't like vertical baffles check out something with horizon...

In GEAR » Comfortable sleeping pads?
February 25, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.