BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 171 - 180 of 565 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...57

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: sore throat after long backpacking trips?
I breath through my mouth... If no one else has heard of it I'll just talk to my doc... most of these things are common so maybe it's just me.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sore throat after long backpacking trips?
August 15, 9:21am

sore throat after long backpacking trips?
I've noticed that my throat is sore/dry after I come back from long trips of 15+ miles per day. This weekend it was REALLY bad. It almost feels like I have a cold. Anyone else have the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sore throat after long backpacking trips?
August 14, 10:50pm

Building a Tenkara rod from trekking poles, and trout video...
This weekend I was really convinced that I should try to make a Tenkara rod from my trekking poles. I was thinking it's a moderate amount of work but I *think* I can take my Blackdiamond pol...

In GEAR » Building a Tenkara rod from trekking poles, and trout video...
August 14, 12:36pm

boots.
What's really need are high profile boots.. Something that goes all the way up to the calves. Something about 1/2 inch thick so that they keep the water out. I'm sure I can get somethin...

In GEAR » goretex socks to prevent dirt from getting to your feet?
August 14, 11:28am

goretex socks to prevent dirt from getting to your feet?
I have been looking at some of the ultralight trail runners and tested a pair a couple weeks ago. The toe area has VERY thin material and lots of fine dust powder went through the shoe and that ...

In GEAR » goretex socks to prevent dirt from getting to your feet?
August 14, 10:54am

Re: hammock for breaks...
huh... I have a Warbonnet Blackbird but the problem is that setup time takes a bit long. I think what I'm going to do is try optimize this by upgrading to whoppie slings. For now I just ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
August 13, 2:53pm

Re: Re: re: 20 miles
> Simplest thing is to hike more or simulate the effort somehow. As a road cyclist my legs and cardio are in shape all the time, it only takes a few hikes each year to get into gear. the more I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
August 13, 2:49pm

Re: Re: Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
Hey gg-man. I had dehydrated lasagna for dinner (800 cals) and a coconut + sugar drink I make (which was 300-400). I hear what you are saying about breaks. I think if I can get better shoes ...

August 13, 2:17pm

mileage...
I really need to get a better estimate of my mileage. I seem to avg EXACTLY 2 MPH but this is over vastly varying terrain and including breaks.

August 12, 11:10pm

ug
hit post accidentally so sorry about the few typos.

August 12, 9:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.