Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Burke (burkest) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Collegiate Peaks Wilderness
About Me Stuart Burke has not added a biography yet.
CityMadison
StateWI
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List140 mile Colorado loop hike

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Burke

Showing 171 - 180 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Rain Mitts
After getting caught in a early season thunder storm last weekend on a day hike I decided that rain mitts would be a really nice thing to have. I want to buy a pair of MLD eVent rain mitts but I do...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rain Mitts
March 29, 3:18pm

Re: test pic

In User Test Forum » test pic
March 29, 3:02pm

test pic

In User Test Forum » test pic
March 29, 3:00pm

Re: Quilt/Bag for 2?
Thomas, If you have not already looked you should check out Jacks R Better. http://www.jacksrbetter.com/ They make two models that can form an enclosed sleeping bag for one or can be open...

In GEAR » Quilt/Bag for 2?
February 26, 10:53pm

Re: Snow Peak Gigapower Stove
When I purchased my Gigapower stove I was told by the sales associate at the store that MSR canisters would work with Snow Peak stoves. I have never used any canisters besides the Snow Peak brand b...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Gigapower Stove
February 25, 6:30pm

Re: MLD updated
I have spent most of my morning looking at the new MLD website. The new bivies they are selling have some really cool features. I am curious if the new designs with the eVent foot box will cut down...

In GEAR » MLD updated
February 05, 11:47am

Re: Ultralight in the Icebox
If Andrew was looking to experience the extremes of a Minnesota winter it is too bad he is not here now. The forcasted high for Ely this saturday is -5F and the low is -22F.

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
February 01, 9:45pm

Re: Re: How to identify Pertex Quantum
I have a Ion that I purchased last fall on sale from Campmor. I have noticed the lack of breathabiltiy of the fabric that other people have mentioned. I tried blowing air through the fabric like Mi...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
January 17, 5:47pm

Re: FS; White Spinn Fabric
Any chance you would willing to sell 4 or 5 yards of the roll, or is it only possible for you to sell the whole thing? Edit: I read your original post too fast and did not realize you are willin...

In Gear Swap » FS; White Spinn Fabric
January 14, 8:57am

Re: Re: Gossamer Gear spinnsheet ground cloth
Does spinnaker fabric shrink in hot weather? This is something I have not heard of before.

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear spinnsheet ground cloth
December 26, 9:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Burke

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Simblissity Levagaiter
I love these gaiters. I wear them every time I go hiking. They breathe well, dry fast, keep debris out of my shoes and stay in place. When I first used the gaiters it took a few tries to get the fit r...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 26, 4:47pm

Montrail Stratos XCR
I like mine quite a bit. They fit well and are reasonably light. My only complaint after hiking 40 miles with them is that the padding around the ankle soaks up a lot of water and takes a long time (s...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 31, 8:39pm