BPL Community Profile

twig . (bretthartwig) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Australia
About Me Lightweight backpacker
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by twig .

Showing 171 - 180 of 197 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

ultralight water prefilter
I've started using a steripen and was looking for something a bit better to strain water through than a bandana. I came across a rubber washer that has a fine steel mesh funnel built into it. I...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
May 17, 6:24am

Lightest pot grabber
I have cut about an inch of a silicon egg ring and I use it to pinch the rim of the mug between my index finger and thumb. You could cut a scrap off any silicon baking product, but the egg ring is ...

In GEAR » Lightest pot grabber?
May 14, 3:41pm

Steripen Usage
Jed, You could cut the bottom inch off a 1L Platy, then use the main part of the bottle inverted. Fill it up with water and when you are done undo the push pull spout and drain the contents into y...

In GEAR » Steripen Usage
May 13, 11:58pm

arc p light
I'm with Daniel, I take the Arc most times because it is simple, has a great general purpose beam and it has a great finish to it. I have used a couple of Fenix's on my keyring for every ...

In GEAR » Best UL/SUL BPing Flashlight???
May 12, 10:23pm

Henrys new Tarptent
No it's not April 1st again Franco, its Henrys new Sublite. http://www.freewebs.com/bigfoot2pictures/index.htm

In GEAR » Henrys new Tarptent
April 26, 4:50am

Steam Lock bags for cooking
In Australia we have Glad small size which are 20x18cm, they have no gusset in them. There is a small steam vent on either side, just below the snap lock, so you would want to keep them upright. A ...

In GEAR » what can you cook in 600ml? 700ml?
April 18, 1:59am

what can you cook in 600ml? 700ml?
Franco, Rod I have had a lot of luck using glad steam lock bags, made for microwave steaming, they are much sturdier than normal glad bags. I use them for soup and my main meal, only need to boil ...

In GEAR » what can you cook in 600ml? 700ml?
April 17, 5:38am

sandals
I wore Teva's for a 2 week hike in Nepal after I lost my boots. They worked great apart from having dirty feet at the end of the day. I replaced them in the snow with plastic bag lined sneaker...

In GEAR » Sandals/Hybrids? Keen,Teva, hiking, water sports, pos/neg experiences-recommendations
April 11, 2:39am

payment
Payment sent, Cheers

In Gear Swap » 2 A16 bug bivys Unused
April 09, 2:02am

bug bivy
I would like one! email sent, cheers

In Gear Swap » 2 A16 bug bivys Unused
April 05, 4:32am

All Reader Reviews by twig .

twig . has posted no reviews.