BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 171 - 180 of 582 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...59

Forum » Thread

manual focus
That split screen focusing looks awesome...plus focus peaking. The manual focus might be the most annoying thing for me on the X100.

In Photography » Fuji X100s
January 09, 1:10pm

Re: Re: Re: First Snow- 1/4/13
Thanks Eugene, really enjoyed the read and pics.

In Post-Trip Reports » First Snow- 1/4/13
January 09, 8:06am

thread deleting
Seems like leaving a short explanation in place of the deleted content would leave less to the imagination about what's going on. Things just disappearing makes folks (rightly) uneasy.

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
January 09, 8:01am

Re: Durable sewing thread for panniers
Bonded nylon (B92 would probably be what you want) is the way to go, and you'll need an industrial machine. if there's no way you have access to an industrial machine, B46 will work in som...

In Make Your Own Gear » Durable sewing thread for panniers
December 18, 9:57am

Re: My Cuben Shelter
Yikes. Pretty sure that violates most of the rules of working with cuben. Some ideas for salvaging it: Good tape on the ridgeline. 3m 9485 with a strip of cuben on one side was the tape of ch...

In GEAR » How do I repair this Cuben Fiber Shelter?
December 12, 7:30am

Re: rain pants
Keep in mind none of the fabrics you've mentioned are waterproof or worth seam sealing. Some options: 1. M50/M90/30d/70d ripstop- will be fine in snow and light rain, but not waterproof an...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rain pants
December 09, 8:20pm

Re: suggestions
The Utah parks are great in winter. Needles dist. has lots of loop options and it's easy to shorten/lengthen the trip on the fly if needed. No need for 4wd. Here's a trip report from the...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter trip help
December 06, 6:27pm

Re: Re: MYOG down mummy bag
Thanks for the kind words. Ryan, hit me up with questions anytime.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG down mummy bag
December 06, 6:04pm

Re: Fleece vs. long underwear sleeping baselayer
I had a similar revelation last winter when I made some powerstretch tights and found them to be an ounce lighter than my Cap 2 bottoms. They're quite a bit warmer and are great on their own i...

In GEAR » Fleece vs. long underwear sleeping baselayer
December 05, 11:48am

Re: Re: Re: re: frameless packs
" With modern materials available for packs, there is simply no reason for any serious backpacker to need a framed pack for a week outing weighing more than 16oz. " Maybe a week outing...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Packs Work
December 05, 8:47am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.