BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 171 - 180 of 578 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...58

Forum » Thread

"Long Underwear Question"
Good question. You want to substitute silk for heavier capilene. First of all with a 15% bag you'll be more than covered at night. Since your legs don't get cold, the hoody and the anor...

In Gear Lists » Long Underwear Question
June 05, 6:59pm

"Solution for transporting Caldera cone"
I cut off the top of a round plastic water bottle to use as a scoop for a sawyer squeeze; turns out a caldera cone will fit in it just perfect.

In GEAR » Solution for transporting Caldera cone
June 04, 1:18pm

Sun Gloves?"
Sungrubbies cover all fingers and thumb up to the last knuckle. I use hiking poles and find that I wrap my fingers around the poles, and that pretty effectively protects the final exposed area of m...

In GEAR » Sun Gloves?
June 03, 7:14pm

wtb: MLD solomid innernet
Or if you have a solomid with an innernet!

In Gear Swap » wtb: MLD solomid innernet
May 26, 10:03am

"Exped Synmat UL 7 felt "cool" under hips at 5-8 deg C"
I just came back from four nights using a Synmat UL7 in temperatures into the mid 20's F with no problems. I blow it up very firm. I use a Gossamer Gear thin pad--whatever their thinnest is,...

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL 7 felt "cool" under hips at 5-8 deg C
May 25, 9:53pm

"Jetboil Sol Titanium Stove"
Since I started using a windscreen with my pocket rocket my fuel consumption has gone way down and my boil times are faster. Again, I've never used a jet boil, so I can't compare the two...

In GEAR » Jetboil Sol Titanium Stove
May 20, 3:24pm

"Jetboil Sol Titanium Stove"
My little pocket rocket with a small titanium pot and, most importantly, a windscreen boils water very fast, and because of the windscreen is super efficient. It's also versatile. My windscreen...

In GEAR » Jetboil Sol Titanium Stove
May 19, 1:29pm

"Bearikades"
The smaller size of the Scout is just great for packing. I like the Weekender too but its size makes it a bit more problematic fitting in my pack. For 5-6 days the Scout is definitely my go-to cani...

In GEAR » Bearikades
May 14, 5:05pm

"electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?"
Interesting, I thought we were aiming at clear urine. That's why I thought I was under-hydrated: yellow urine. Good news if yellow is mellow.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
May 12, 8:46pm

electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
Again, thanks for your responses. Roger: yeah, a liter an hour is what I decided I'd like to aim for this season; I've never actually achieved that. But many consider that kind of water...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
May 12, 8:20pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm