BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 171 - 180 of 583 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...59

Forum » Thread

"Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??"
Go! Hiking solo will eventually spoil you. I mostly hike alone and love it! Evenings, there are usually people around to share company; if not, I bring a book. Well, kindle. Seriously, it's a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??
June 11, 12:17pm

"Has anyone used polycryo under Hexamid net?"
Thanks for the replies. Just to be clear, I'll use the polycryo under the net, and the cuben floor inside. So it looks like this is a good idea on dry nights; good to hear that even in rain...

In GEAR » Has anyone used polycyro under Hexamid net?
June 10, 2:56pm

Has anyone used polycryo under Hexamid net?
I know that the groundsheet goes on top of the netting and why. But consider: when you're sure that there won't be any rain, maybe put the polycryo groundsheet under the netting, but leave ...

In GEAR » Has anyone used polycyro under Hexamid net?
June 10, 10:24am

msr mini groundhog stakes: any reviews?"
"you can't pound them into hard soil though..." Hmmm. Lots of hard soil where I hike. I think that I'll take four of my trusty old stakes and six of the mini groundhogs for thi...

In GEAR » msr mini groundhog stakes: any reviews?
June 07, 7:32pm

msr mini groundhog stakes: any reviews?
They're pretty light (.37 oz.) but short. My only concern is whether they'll hold down a tent in high winds. Of course, I'll pile rocks on them if I'm unsure...anyway, any reviews?

In GEAR » msr mini groundhog stakes: any reviews?
June 06, 2:42pm

"Long Underwear Question"
Good question. You want to substitute silk for heavier capilene. First of all with a 15% bag you'll be more than covered at night. Since your legs don't get cold, the hoody and the anor...

In Gear Lists » Long Underwear Question
June 05, 6:59pm

"Solution for transporting Caldera cone"
I cut off the top of a round plastic water bottle to use as a scoop for a sawyer squeeze; turns out a caldera cone will fit in it just perfect.

In GEAR » Solution for transporting Caldera cone
June 04, 1:18pm

Sun Gloves?"
Sungrubbies cover all fingers and thumb up to the last knuckle. I use hiking poles and find that I wrap my fingers around the poles, and that pretty effectively protects the final exposed area of m...

In GEAR » Sun Gloves?
June 03, 7:14pm

wtb: MLD solomid innernet
Or if you have a solomid with an innernet!

In Gear Swap » wtb: MLD solomid innernet
May 26, 10:03am

"Exped Synmat UL 7 felt "cool" under hips at 5-8 deg C"
I just came back from four nights using a Synmat UL7 in temperatures into the mid 20's F with no problems. I blow it up very firm. I use a Gossamer Gear thin pad--whatever their thinnest is,...

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL 7 felt "cool" under hips at 5-8 deg C
May 25, 9:53pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm