BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 171 - 180 of 320 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...32

Forum » Thread

JMT
Ditto. I just want to wake up on the trail again.

In Photo Gallery » JMT-
March 29, 2:00pm

Thru Hiker Quilt
Your quilt looks beautiful! Nice job! I agree it is a tedious process, but definitely worth the effort. I am working on a quilt right now with the same color M50 for the outer shell, it's g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thru-Hiker Quilt Kit Finished
March 27, 1:53am

Light and durable
If light and durable are your main requirements I have also had good results with the Liberty Ridge pattern (Thru-Hiker). Silnylon is a good value, but not breathable. W/p/b cuben at Zpacks is supp...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG rain gear fabric
March 25, 9:23pm

Rain gear material
I would use different materials if making a poncho/pack cover/groundsheet versus a w/p/b jacket and pants or rain skirt or poncho and chaps or poncho with a hat cover and detachable sleeves or etc ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG rain gear fabric
March 25, 8:57pm

great photos
Great photo Nick! I'm heading out to Sespe in a few weeks. What kind of camera are you using?

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Photo Essay: Gene Marshall Trail, Ventura, CA Backcountry
March 25, 3:59pm

Bivy Dimensions
Hi James, the bivy is 78" long. This seems to be enough to fit a winter quilt, some extra gear and a pillow at the head end (I'm 6' tall).

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
March 25, 12:22pm

Re: Solo Tarptent
Looks great! It will be interesting to see how it looks with the front doors/vestibules. Nice!

In Make Your Own Gear » Solo Tarptent
March 16, 6:18pm

Measurements
Thanx for your comments. All measurements are before seam allowances.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Wearable Quilt
March 14, 11:10pm

Pack Pxts
Hey Jeffrey, Thanks for your comments. The shoulder straps are attached using 1/2" webbing and they are shaped similar to the new Zpacks design. The shape is more comfortable than the orig...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
March 14, 1:20pm

MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
After seeing some of the cuben hybrid material used on the Zpacks Exo backpacks, I decided to try some on my own version of a cuben pack. The idea with this pack is to make something big enough...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
March 13, 5:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am