BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 171 - 180 of 305 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...31

Forum » Thread

Cuben Hat Cover
I recently made a cuben hat cover for a Sunday Afternoons hat. After hiking in the rain recently I kept my hat and windshirt on as long as possible (until they both soaked through). Although the ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben hat cover?
February 29, 1:54pm

MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
Thanks for the comments. Good luck with your bivy project Jace, and have fun on the PCT this summer. Andy.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
February 27, 11:22pm

MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
After reading many of the MYOG posts on BPL I started to get comfortable making most of my gear last summer. This is my humble attempt to give back a little to the online BPL community. My goal...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sub 4 oz side zip cuben/momentum 55 bivy.
February 27, 5:27pm

Myog quilts for a side sleeper
I used the thru-hiker kit for my first quilt and now just make my own version of a wearable quilt. I am a side sleeper and have found that they work well by using two elastic straps on the bottom. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Quilt... maybe
February 27, 12:35am

JMT exit advice: Kearsarge vs Whitney - Forester Pass
Thanks Sam & Bob. The trail toward the top of Whitney is surreal, the High Sierra awaits. I just use a point and shoot Canon PowerShot Elph300HS. It's small/lightweight (4.8 ozs), 12 meg...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT exit advice: Kearsarge vs Whitney
February 26, 1:09am

JMT exit advice: Kearsarge vs Whitney - Forester Pass Video Link
I'm not sure if I added the embedded link to the Forester Video correctly. If not, here's the url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2-XRNFyXC4&context=C37b953eADOEgsToPDskLuSBsp5ftAA...

February 25, 3:45pm

Kearsarge vs Whitney
Hi Sam, I did the JMT sobo last summer and wouldn't skip the last part from Kearsarge to Whitney. After about 12 days on the trail it was easy going over the big passes (fully acclimatized ...

February 25, 3:22pm

Re: Anza 2012
I'm interested if there's a spot open on the C2C Memorial Day trip, definitely some great early season elevation training.

In Post-Trip Reports » Anza Borrego 2012
February 25, 1:13am

Mt. Goddard Starr's Route Advice
I am considering climbing Mt. Goddard in late July/early August as part of a loop trip through the Ionian Basin this summer. The Starr's Route from Davis Lake looks like the easiest (class 2) a...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Mt. Goddard Starr's Route Advice
February 25, 1:02am

Re: Re: Re: Zpacks carrying pertex quantum
Thanks for the reminder Connor. I just order 3 yards from Zpacks for my next quilt project. FWIW I've been waiting to check out this new green color, it might make a good windshirt. . .

In Make Your Own Gear » Zpacks carrying pertex quantum
February 23, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am