BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 171 - 180 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: Qulliq
Miguel, Check out this video: Video Link

In Make Your Own Gear » Qulliq
November 22, 10:01am

MYOG Hand/Toe Warmers - Toe Cozies
Hi Nate, Yours look great. I called mine "Toe Cozies" and I did not use Cuben Fiber for them. Mine were made during a hike with what I had with me. I sewed them with a needle and ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Hand/Toe Warmers
November 19, 10:34am

Wool Blanket Resurgence - As A Great Kilt?
Hi, Have you thought about using a "Great Kilt"? Wear it during the day and wrap up in it at night. The Great Kilt is the one that is very large and when unwrapped would be about a...

In Chaff » Wool Blanket Resurgence?
November 19, 10:18am

Re: Re: Cuben Weight / 4-Cord
Hi Tim, The (4-directional) Cuben in my picture is 0.49 ounces per square yard and is listed as CTO.3HBK.08/F.5. I have no idea what the (F.5) means. I bought this in June - 2006. I believe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben shelter. only 6 oz.
November 18, 10:40am

Cuben Weight / 4-Cord
This is what I used for the winter pack I made with the snow show pouch: That pack was a heavy one at about 2.54 ounces I bought my 4 - cord Cuben fiber several years ago at a real good d...

November 17, 10:35pm

Cuben Weight
Hi, When ever I get a new batch of Cuben Fiber I cut a piece 36 inches square and weight it on a triple beam gram scale. Then I do the math to see what it weighs vs what I bought. That is the ...

November 16, 7:24pm

Re: Pack for Heavy loads
Tim, If you have questions about a McHale Pack just give him a call. I have talked to him a couple of times. Phone number 1-206-533-1479. If you are in really great shape you could carry ...

In GEAR » Pack for Heavy loads
November 02, 12:57pm

Re: RE: UL Sustainable, Materials and Methods
Hi, Interesting thread - so far. From Michael: "I envision wool being integral, but I wonder, why have I not seen Merino in thicker weaves like a blanket. Anyone?" I weave and...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL Sustainable, Materials and Methods
October 30, 12:09pm

Re: External Frame Question(s)
Hi, "No, I won't be able to make hip-wings on mk1" Why not. I have made something like them for several pack frames. It isn't that hard.

In Make Your Own Gear » External Frame Question(s)
October 24, 2:10pm

Re: Bill Fornshell ??
Hi Miguel, I am still alive. I continue to have a few medical delays when it comes to being able to go hiking however. ================= The good news: I am in my third week of a six wee...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 24, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am