Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 171 - 180 of 9664 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...967

Forum » Thread

I'd Rather Not, But...
My modus operandus is to carry all my stuff myself -- no sharing. But I did have to share my tent with another hiker once -- and it really wasn't bad. Neither of us smelled. If anything, I w...

In GEAR » Sharing space?
August 04, 7:37pm

Re: "Backpacking robot: would you use one?"
Right now, no. But later on in life, if using a robot means I can extend my hiking for yet another season - then yes, I just might use one.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking robot: would you use one?
August 04, 3:57pm

Re:
nm

In Gear Swap » Wanted PIF - Sub 6lb 2-3 Person Tent
August 03, 9:14pm

Re: Re: "Wanted PIF - Sub 6lb 2-3 Person Tent"
Speaking of Don... His thread got its share of jeers too, actually. But I think it worked out in the end. Some members gave while others loaned. I believe Don returned everything that was loa...

In Gear Swap » Wanted PIF - Sub 6lb 2-3 Person Tent
August 03, 6:20pm

Other Search Options
Another good search option is Startpage. Startpage actually uses Google's search results -- but routes your queries through its own servers, both ways.

In Chaff » duckduckgo
August 03, 5:54pm

Re: No where to hide
Pretty amazing. Looters and rioters beware! :)

In Chaff » No where to hide
August 03, 5:48pm

Re: When cultures and fannies clash
Hmmm.... any pack can be an 'adventure' pack, no? Or are you defining fanny as an adventure (not that there's anything wrong with it)? FWIW, I call 'em lumbar pack or waist pack.

In Chaff » When cultures and fannies clash
July 17, 9:33am

Re: OutDoor Show 2013
Thanks for posting!

In On the Web » OutDoor Show 2013
July 15, 12:39am

Re: Need to rant...
Once it is a disease -- doctors, pharmacists, pharmaceuticals, etc., etc. can all get paid. And folks will, of course, expect Medicare and their insurance companies to pay. Our government will t...

In Chaff » Need to rant...
July 14, 12:27am

Re: Re: What to do when encountering bums on the trail?
OK, you got me there. Only hikers carry 100% denatured alcohol -- the quality our stoves need.

In Chaff » What to do when encountering bums on the trail?
July 13, 2:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am