BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 171 - 180 of 3854 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...386

Forum » Thread

Re: comparison
sure you are as implied through the thread title ... perhaps a better title would be "testing of gnat"? we can make a chart that shows the weight and daily usage of a gnat setup vs. a ...

In GEAR » gnat vs. jetboil
December 21, 2:05pm

Re: comparison
so basically no real "comparison" was done ... you will note that on HIGH the jetboil blows the gnat away by almost half the fuel use even in calm warm conditions ... BPL themselve...

December 21, 1:48pm

Re: windscreen
My understanding, never having owned or used one, is that the jetboil doesnt go real low, at least it didnt at one time. People complained they couldnt simmer my jetboil gets REAL low it simm...

December 21, 1:26pm

Re: boil
Dont see that they tested my setup on as low of heat, and compared boils vs. total carried weight at all. they tested MODERATE heat on the gnat ... note that neither you nor BPL did an appl...

December 21, 1:14pm

Re: Re: blizzard bag
But if you own a real shelter, pad and sleeping bag you will be far better of with them in winter conditions. no other shelter + 40F bag will weight 385g and come in the size of a book ... ...

In GEAR » Cold weather/winter survival shelter
December 21, 1:10pm

Re: Re: jetboil
lets just say its a certain amount of water boiled i suggest signing up to view the full BPL article ;)

December 21, 12:57pm

jetboil
the folks at BPL have already done all the math and testing in the 2011 SOTM http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/2011_sotmr_integrated_canister_stoves.html read it ...

December 21, 12:44pm

blizzard bag
blizzard bag ... theres a reason UK search and rescue, various militaries, and other military/rescue users use em .... unlike the SOL which is a recreational use its a 40F sleeping bag and bivy ...

In GEAR » Cold weather/winter survival shelter
December 21, 11:49am

Re: Restore DWR on Goretex jacket?
grangers ... the flurocarbons works better and lasts longer ... its what dead bird and westcomb recommends wash it, use grangers, throw it in the dryer on moderate hear ;)

In GEAR » Restore DWR on Goretex jacket?
December 21, 11:44am

sizing
the sizing is strange ... it runs large but thin/tall the small is roughly the same height wise as a dead bird medium, but is about as thin as a dead bird small if yr thin and tall itll work ...

In GEAR » MEC Light Degree Hoodie
December 20, 7:23pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm