BPL Community Profile

Brian Johns (bcutlerj) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NorCal
About Me Brian Johns has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Johns

Showing 171 - 180 of 685 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...69

Forum » Thread

Picture Posting
Yes. But it will probably be Monday or Tuesday. The item is stored with my gear at my apartment in SF, and I am in Carmel until Sunday evening. Photo-wise, it looks no different than the images ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Gossamer Gear Minimalist Day Pack
December 13, 8:11pm

Cheap Windshirt
I think I paid $35 for my Stoic "Wraith" windshirt. It's a great piece of gear (or "kit" for the international crowd). Anyway, it breathes well enough and has been well wo...

In GEAR » Affordable windshirt
December 13, 8:01pm

FS: Gossamer Gear Minimalist Day Pack
Hello, I've got a very lightly used GG Minimalist Day Pack. It's the current/2012 version of the product with the whistle sternum strap, drawstring top pocket and inside zippered pocket. ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Gossamer Gear Minimalist Day Pack
December 13, 4:47pm

Short Torso Pack
Zpacks Arc Blast all the way. Lots of great reviews. As for my own experience, I do not have the pack, but I do have experience with short torso lengths and Zpacks. I needed just one-inch off of ...

In GEAR » Short torso pack help
December 12, 2:26pm

Second the Zpacks Reco
I hike in the same areas / seasons as you, and I second the Hexamid Reco. Probably a separate Hexamid tarp with beak and an inner net by Zpacks (or from what I have seen in recent threads) a Six Mo...

In GEAR » Which tent or tarp shelter for Christmas
December 08, 5:06pm

Re: Re: Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
I have both the sun hoodie and the patagonia fisherman's (??) hoodie. Anyway, the Sun Hoody is a little heavy and not a great BP layer. The tropical/fisherman's hoody, on the other hand, ...

In GEAR » Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
December 05, 10:49pm

Pm sent. Will take socks (and mug if available)
Get back to me. I'll send money ASAP for one or both. Thx.

In Gear Swap » FS: Packs, SP 600, Jacket etc.
December 04, 7:22pm

Re: Most convenient entry and light, bug bivy and shelter system?
I'm with Duane as usual. I like my older-model SMD solo net tent (7.5 oz.) combined with a shaped tarp like the Duomid or the Zpacks Hexamid. You can have room to cook in your shelter and move ...

In GEAR » Most convenient entry and light, bug bivy and shelter system?
December 02, 9:48pm

FS: Garmin Foretrex 101 GPS and Dirty Girl Gaiters
I've got a Garmin Foretrex 101 in new-ish condition (VERY little use). I'd like to get $35 for it paypal fees and USPS shipping included. I've also got a pair of black dirty girl ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Garmin Foretrex 101 GPS and Dirty Girl Gaiters
September 24, 6:44pm

Ski Goggles
This I probably have. Any specifics? My wife bought me some high-end goggles last year. I have 2 or 3 pairs of nothing-too-special Smith's and the like. Any particular tint, vent or size? I...

In Gear Swap » Max's Hit List of Winter Gear
September 21, 8:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Johns

Brian Johns has posted no reviews.